E3 videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
i must say, Link still looks pretty dumb, but the gameplay looks to be preserved. I would say it looks pretty impressive
To be honest, i dont think wario world looks too surprising at all, but who knows.
Mario is lookin pretty good. THat pack thing looks a little funky, and i was really impressed by the mirror platform near the end. lookin pretty good.
Starfox adventures is looking as good as ever, and when that comes out, i think ill have to break down and get a gcn =)
Animal crossing looks... interesting... ummm. yeah. I hear the one for n64 was kinda fun, but i really dont think its my type of game.
1080 looks cool, but right now it doesnt look like it will stand up to Tony hawk, or even SSX tricky.
Metroid prime is looking pretty prime ;) but i dont know how much its going to feel like metroid after being translated to a first person shooter.

All the games are lookin pretty good so far, but i guess we'll just have to wait and play them to see which ones live up the their predecessors :)

I would have to agree with you on Zelda, he looks sort of corny, but the gameplay still looks quite decent. Wario World doesn't look very impressive to me. Mario Sunshine is lloking better every time I see it, but without bowser, im wondering who they are going to make the main villan...
Starfox Adventures is a game I will buy as soon as get my GC (presuming that it is out by then). Animal Crossing, from what I have read at least, seams interesting enough, but the grifical style is not somthing that appeals to me (sort of like the new Zelda game). 1080: White storm looks to nice, but I don't realy like Snowboading games. As far as Metroid Prime goes, I don't know if it will be comparable to the games from the series past, but ill buy it just because its Metroid anyways.

I'd say I'm the most excited about 1080: White Storm... I'm a HUUUGE fan of the original and with the exception of OoT its the game I've played most on my N64.. even beating the original Smash Bros.

Metroid looks too cool for words, I honestly believe that it will be every bit as awesome as any of its predecessors, IGN has already proclaimed it the "Game of the show".

As for Mario? I'm in love, I agree complete with Supergrom, the mirror is just too cool and the "water pack" and its many uses look like it'll add a lot to Mario's versatility.

Animal Crossing is a game which I'd really like to play as I think its a brilliant concept. However it's innovation is also its weakness. The came is played in real-time, so whilst I'm at work (real life), I miss all the interesting things to do during the day in the game. I know you can adjust the GC's internal clock, but that kind of defeats the purpose a little...

Oh well... there's so much AAA stuff to get for the GC in the coming I think we'll all have enough to keep us busy and our wallets very empty :/

Yep, things are looking pretty awesome. Hmm... a flood of kickass second-gen games. Guess it's just business as usual for Nintendo. :biggrin:

the gameplay looks to be preserved
I'll say. Did anyone else think it looks like they're still using a variation of the OOT/MM game engine? I'm not complaining (it's a fine game engine, with a few minor quirks that probably mostly got fixed), I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they were thinking of stuff like this when they designed the N64...

I have no doubt that Metroid Prime will kick serious ass. Yamauchi wouldn't have continued throwing time, money, and manpower at if it was just going to ruin Metroid's reputation. Still, I kind of feel like the first-person thing is a bit wrong - I wonder how many other modes/items require the game to go third-person, as the ball apparently does. Thematically, it seems to be dead on.

Starfox Adventures/Mario Sunshine/Wario World look like a solid trio of action platformers with interesting gameplay. Doesn't look like anything ridiculously innovative, but Nintendo's strength is that they can take existing gameplay models and tweak them to be more fun than anyone thought they could be (kind of like Treasure, come to think of it :)).

Animal Crossing is one of the reasons I got my Cube. Something different from 17 years of gaming should be quite interesting :)

Wario.... as long as it is different from Mario I'm great with it :) I enjoyed the new Wario game on GBA and it might be quite interesting on GC

I liked 1080, I think it's been bettered by SSX Tricky. Hopefulyl it will either better it or offer something different (1080 felt more of a sim)

Zelda: I like the look slightly. I suppose genius of Myamato is 40% madness 60% brilliance like all geniuses ;)

I'm not an FPS fan as such, but Metroid and Perfect Dark could change that and I'm hoping they will

I think snowboarding games are all about the feel... and nothing "feels" better 1080.

SSX's engine is that of a generic racer... you could have swopped the boarders for Cars, Hoverboards, cows, whatever and have that type of racing game.

1080 feels like you're on snow, you can feel it pulling you this way and that.... I can't describe it... but 1080 owns SSX in every way ;)

Well thats the first time that Ive seen the new zelda look and actually liked it as still screenshots do nothin to help convince people the new look is good but moving video looked great.

1080 doesnt look very impressive at the moment but I think thats cause I have alped on the xbox which has pretty impressive gfx and is fun but no doubt Ill end up buying 1080 as the original was great.

Mario although the video showed him running about like you expect Im unsure about the backpac looks kinda stupid.

Animal crossing doesnt interest me even slightly.

Starfox looks great as usual and wario also holds no interest for me problem is they are all long off so Ill have to make do with rogue leader and waverace oh and ssb:melee when I can be bothered goin into town to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back