Digital camera troubles

Ok, my g/f uploaded all the pics from her digital camera to the pc.. then erased them from the memory stick. Then like 10 mins later the camera wont recognize that the card is in.. It only recognizes the built in memory that only lets u take about 12 pics or something.. What could be the problem?

I told her to take the card out and then turn the camera on.. then turn it off put the card back in and the turn it back on and see if that worked but it didnt. Im not real knowledgable on cameras so i dont know what else to try..

Try to format the memory stick. If it's not even recognized as being there then either the stick went bad or the port got busted. A static shock could have knocked out either. Best be is to go to some photo place and see if they can check the memory stick for you. If the stick is good then chances are the cameras port went bye bye. If you can check to see if it reads any other memory sticks.

Well after I had a first hand look I figured out the problem right away. She was creating folders on the memory stick and then moving the files into the folders.. but the camera cant recognize the folders or the names that she gave the photos. So as more and more pics were taken less and less space was available. I just copied all the folders to the pc hardrive and then formatted the card to be sure everything was gone and in good working order and everything is fine now..

Back