Cosmic Smash

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
COSMIC SMASH

Are you ready to experience a new style of sport? A fusion genre of game combining elements of "Breaking blocks" and "Squash", Cosmic Smash will take you through many different routes across 50 different stages playing in an interstellar cosmic recreation room. Using a variety of trick smashes, (there are 28 patterns) your skills will gradually increase and you'll be able to find faster ways of breaking all the blocks. Let's Begin!

Oh look, it's Tron! :lol:

Attachments

• Cosmic_Smash_PAL_Front.JPG
    Cosmic_Smash_PAL_Front.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Cosmic_Smash_PAL_Back.JPG
    Cosmic_Smash_PAL_Back.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Cosmic_Smash_JAP_Front.JPG
    Cosmic_Smash_JAP_Front.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Cosmic_Smash_JAP_Back.JPG
    Cosmic_Smash_JAP_Back.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 165
What...?

Never even heard of this game, let alone play it.

Is it any good? Why is it getting game of the week? Running out of games?

I might look this up if it is any good.

Twas my suggestion. It is a great game. As I said on IRC, it combines the playability of Virtua Tennis with the visual style of Rez and the gameplay of Arkanoid. A great game to play if you just want to zone out for a few minutes, and good for score attack as well.

well said, it290 -- it's a shame there wasn't a US release -- it's a cool and stylish game. It must use some of the same engine as Virtua Tennis -- it feels very similar.

I read somewhere that this game was originally targeted at businessmen (the arcade version). I think that explains somewhat why it is so simplistic, and yet quickly engaging at the same time.

Back