Capcom Sets Its Eyes On Strider?

vbt

Staff member
It's that time of the month -- new issues of EGM are in the hands of your friendly neighborhood postman and should be reaching your home, place of business, or dentist office any time now. And with it comes a new batch of delicious rumors, delivered fresh from the Quartermann kitchen to your eyeballs.

First up, it looks like Capcom may not be done revisiting classic franchises and characters from its massive catalog due in large part to the success of Bionic Commando: Rearmed and high praise for the retro resurrection of Mega Man. The Qmann says that Capcom is eying none other than futuristic ninja Strider Hiryu as a potential candidate for revival in a new Devil May Cry-style action game.

Source : http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170324

I've always enjoyed the old Strider games, although I'm not sure what I think about him in this type of game.

I did like the PS1 followup from a while back, but this sounds like an entirely different can of worms.

dibz said:
I've always enjoyed the old Strider games, although I'm not sure what I think about him in this type of game.

I did like the PS1 followup from a while back, but this sounds like an entirely different can of worms.
Superficially, I don't see anything wrong with the idea. Some things would certainly need to be adjusted, but generally I think it seems doable without wrecking the appeal.

ExCyber said:
Superficially, I don't see anything wrong with the idea. Some things would certainly need to be adjusted, but generally I think it seems doable without wrecking the appeal.

Well, it's to be taken with a grain of salt either way. My personal opinion I'm quite sure does not reflect the vast majority of the market they're going to be selling it to after all. In that regard, there is nothing wrong at all with the idea. Just saying I preferred the old way, personally, the game was done. ;)

Back