Bangai-O

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
"...have the time of your life making billions of things explode." Dreamcast.ign.com

Join Riki and Mami Makishi as they plot the most destructive force the galaxy has ever known - the giant robot Bangai-O against the forces of a notorious intergalactic crime syndicate. Utilize Bangai-O's devastating firepower to blast your way through 44 levels of non-stop, hardcore arcade action filled with mind bending puzzles and titanic bosses. Just don't forget to breathe.

"One of the most fun games I've played on my Dreamcast"...SegaWeb.com

"What a Fantastic Game This Is..." ...Gamers' Republic

"I love this game! Greatest learning curve I've ever seen in a game." ...Da Magnificent Dildo

EVERYONE

Animated Violence

Mild Language

Visit www.esrb.org or call

1-800-771-3772 for Rating Information

Attachments

• Bangai_O_USA_FRONT.JPG
    Bangai_O_USA_FRONT.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Bangai_O_USA_BACK.JPG
    Bangai_O_USA_BACK.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Bangai_O_JAP_FRONT.JPG
    Bangai_O_JAP_FRONT.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Bangai_O_JAP_BACK.JPG
    Bangai_O_JAP_BACK.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 237
I have been waiting for this game to hit "game of the week".

I love this game! Greatest learning curve I've ever seen in a game.

Even after playing so many hours I still have to start at level one and go on to play into the learning curve... I can't do it just starting mid game (with the level select of 3 gerbil thingy's).

Yeah! Great game. I think the DC pad works fine for it, just make sure you use the a/b/x/y type controls and its like Smash TV in space. I've never played this game seriously for score, but like most Treasure games it is just awesome action wise and has a great sense of humor. It's also seriously inventive. My only complaint is that it can't run on a VGA box, but oh well.

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2005-12-27 @ 05:15 AM

Yeah! Great game.  I think the DC pad works fine for it, just make sure you use the a/b/x/y type controls and its like Smash TV in space.  I've never played this game seriously for score, but like most Treasure games it is just awesome action wise and has a great sense of humor.  It's also seriously inventive.  My only complaint is that it can't run on a VGA box, but oh well.

[post=142883]Quoted post[/post]​

Strait Up!

The ABXY game is the greatest way to play this game... that is why I liked it so much, movement was so fluid with it. The analog stick made for great aiming and the super bomb was just a trigger finger away... ahhh, it would get amazing; like in that level that is just a giant open room with teleporters all along the walls of the giant room teleporting massive amounts of enemies in... I remember my tactic in that level was just start blowing up teleporters in a row with the dude until I am swarmed in enemies and...

SUPER BOMB!

The explosion count goes sky high that it gets refilled 3 times and you can just fly around the level using super bomb after super bomb and never run out while racking up points because everytime the explosion counter would top out.

AHHH, I have to go home and place this again... I havn't played it on my big screen yet.

wait... did I sell that to Icey with those other games last week? I hope it wasn't one of the games I sold to him... eh, if it is I'll just get another copy.

We have come across some crazy shizer in our time including a Bangaioh prize edition we didn't even know existed...

SpecialBangaio.jpg

(Just don't ask the price... :D )

Prize Bangaio was given out to the five highest score contestants in a Japanese gaming contest. As far as we know it is essentially the same version, only the packaging that has been adapted. It weighs in last time it surfaced at over $500 USD. :blush: Apparently the game (and what you can see on the front) came with a signed Bangaio themed telephone card that appears to be signed by someone at Treasure (maybe someone who knows Treasure well can decipher it?) and a special poster. Only five exist. If you are curious the winning score was 60,199,689 - not sure how long that took to clock up! The contest took place on the 31st of January 2000AD. I think I need a bit of practice before entering the next one!

Peter.

www.GenkiVideoGames.com

When I first played this game I thought it was rubbish... But I picked it up again after a few weeks, used the alternate control scheme and absolutely loved it. Its one of the best games ever made :banana

Back