Anybody still play ddr?

DDR has been around since 1998. If anybody is still playing it, it's because they are still trying to master it (AAA everything). This game series is one of the few that I know of which are still bloody hard to master. The fact that their are heaps of paranoia's means little, since it's the steps (and mastering the steps) is where the games true value lays. I can probably be 100% certain that nobody still plays this game (since 1998) if they didn't try to master it, as the novelty of 'getting up on a stage and "dancing" for a laugh/ thrill' would have most definately worn off by now.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 01:33 AM

I'm not so much a fan of the <insert favorite subgenre of hyper-repetetive "dance music" here> myself. If there was a rock-only DDR instead of the 2 token rock songs in each mix, I'd be all over it though.
Hey, the thread was unlocked. Anyway, I feel much the same way. My friend was big into DDR for a while, and he agreed that'd he'd like more rock, too.

Now that I think about it, a lot of rock songs would really be too long and difficult to cut down. I mean, even if you could stand staying on the platform for the entire length of Freebird, the arcade operators would throw a fit. :D

Well, in 5th mix there were 'extended songs' which were like 5 minutes or something. real stamina drainers at first.

HELL YES OOPS I DID IT AGAIN.

great song.

A remember a great extended mix song on fifth that no one knew what the hell the lyrics were. I think there was a cartoon floating around about it, but that was a while ago.

I've never really been able to understand the whole DDR thing. I love to dance, but if I want to do so I'd rather go out to a party or club, hear some actual good music, and enjoy the people. Not to mention the drugs. ;) ... Seriously though, the majority of mainstream dance music is pure crap in my opinion, and dance music is about 80% of what I listen to. Most of the DDR songs I've heard are even worse than the cheesiest progressive tracks that I'm aware of, so you can see why I don't appreciate it too much.

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 03:46 PM

I've never really been able to understand the whole DDR thing. I love to dance, but if I want to do so I'd rather go out to a party or club, hear some actual good music, and enjoy the people. Not to mention the drugs. ;) ... Seriously though, the majority of mainstream dance music is pure crap in my opinion, and dance music is about 80% of what I listen to. Most of the DDR songs I've heard are even worse than the cheesiest progressive tracks that I'm aware of, so you can see why I don't appreciate it too much.

MOST Dance music is pure crap, that is a fact.

And... regarding DDR, you should try playing DDR/PIU/EZ2Dancer/ParaPara while high or heavily drunk, amazing experience.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 01:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 01:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

HELL YES OOPS I DID IT AGAIN.

great song.

[post=123599]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

You just volunteered to be first on the dunking machine :) But I'm going to be second, since I also think it's an awsome song - on double. Talking about the steps btw ;) - soo good! :cool:

<!--QuoteBegin-it290
@Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 01:46 AM

I've never really been able to understand the whole DDR thing.

[post=123609]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

What? It's a game you play with your feet? How absured! :blush:

I play.

My goal is to be able to pass every song on its hardest setting. Even if that means a C or D for some songs (cough psm oni cough), so be it... but that's my goal.

That said, though, I don't have the physical stamina to survive a single 10 foot song, other than of course Bag and Sakura. I have most of max300 memorised and I've been working on PS but I simply can't last through the entire songs... they're very draining... :(

I also can't do Cartoon Heroes or Healing Vision (angelic mix) on Heavy. :(

I'll probably pass PS first of all the true 10-foot songs, but that's still a little ways off...

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Mon, 2004-11-15 @ 01:47 PM

I play.

My goal is to be able to pass every song on its hardest setting. Even if that means a C or D for some songs (cough psm oni cough), so be it... but that's my goal.

That said, though, I don't have the physical stamina to survive a single 10 foot song, other than of course Bag and Sakura. I have most of max300 memorised and I've been working on PS but I simply can't last through the entire songs... they're very draining... :(

I also can't do Cartoon Heroes or Healing Vision (angelic mix) on Heavy. :(

I'll probably pass PS first of all the true 10-foot songs, but that's still a little ways off...

[post=123774]Quoted post[/post]​

300 is easier than PS because of that BS bodyturning PS has at the end. 300 is just straightforward stream.

I have NEVER played this game; never plan on playing this game, and being a player of this game knocks you 3 notches lower on my respectable factor! Me making this comment knocks me 10 notches lower on all of your respect level though. So I guess we are even!

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2004-11-16 @ 04:03 AM

I have NEVER played this game; never plan on playing this game, and being a player of this game knocks you 3 notches lower on my respectable factor! Me making this comment knocks me 10 notches lower on all of your respect level though. So I guess we are even!

[post=123875]Quoted post[/post]​

It's really a good workout, even if all the music sucks and everything else attached to it sucks. It's a good way to stay in shape and build some good coordination skills.

Yeah, but who really cares if people hate DDR? All that means is that they obviously have better things to be addressing, which IMO is great. One less person on my DDR machine! :lol:

If I was a representative for Konami, on the other hand....

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2004-11-16 @ 04:13 AM

It's really a good workout, even if all the music sucks and everything else attached to it sucks. It's a good way to stay in shape and build some good coordination skills.

[post=123879]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. I don't really play ddr because I enjoy it. That isn't to say that I don't enjoy it, but I play it primarily to stay in shape. Me being the lazy asshole that I am refuse to do much cardio. I don't mind weights, but straight up jogging is just so boring. DDR is a good way to keep off the pounds while disguising it as a game.

Am I the only one who plays to enjoy it? I could care less about the health benefits. Although they are a nice bonus.

I like the music, and it's fun as hell.

the health benefits are being used as an excuse because no one wants to admit that they enjoy it! I praise you for your courage to be honest Cloud.

Back