Anybody have the new GC GBA adapter?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Came free with my Gamecube. This thing is really neato, it actually has options where you can soften or sharpen the blockiness of the picture just like an emulator.

So far I'm loving playing wario land 4 on the 32" TV :D

I was going to get it when it came out, but at the last minute Nintendo decided to up its cost from $30 to $60, so im playing the waiting game till it comes down in price or I find it at a pawn shop.

I have a bunch of GBA games that I just been jonesing to play on the Gameboy Player, and I might buy the Gamecube new with the included Gameboy Player, so I'll let you know after tomorrow.

I can't wait to play Advance Wars and Golden Sun on the TV!

Quote: from Fabrizo on 9:02 pm on July 30, 2003
I was going to get it when it came out, but at the last minute Nintendo decided to up its cost from $30 to $60, so im playing the waiting game till it comes down in price or I find it at a pawn shop.

Eh? The original assumed price was closer to $100, I was REALLY happy when I saw it for $50... hehehe

The colours seem to be a tiny bit off sometimes (like in Advance Wars), but otherwise it's brilliant ^_^

Quote: from Tagrineth on 11:26 am on July 31, 2003
Eh? The original assumed price was closer to $100, I was REALLY happy when I saw it for $50... hehehe

Not according to all the adds I kept seeing in magazines and newspapers for it previous to it comming out, they all said $30, so I was looking forward to getting it at that price.

Quote: from Tagrineth on 4:25 pm on July 31, 2003
I never once saw anything, ever, anywhere, that even suggested its price would be that low.  EVER.
Do you live in the US?

I ordered mine 6 months ago when EB was selling them for $30. I was so glad I pre ordered it online. They don't raise the price for online pre-orders.

I have been extremly amazed with mine. I so love playing Metroid and Castlevania on a large screen.

Wow, thats awesome. Glad your enjoying it.

Metroid is ALOT of fun on the big screen, kinda reminds you of the super nintendo days eh?

Sure does. Of the people with one, do you prefer using a GC controller or a GBA through the link cable? I like sitting back on my couch using my Wavebird. However, I like the "feel" of the GBA best.

Back