Another web puzzle-type thing

I'm pretty sure this is done with pure Javascript/ECMAScript. I'm stuck on 3 at the moment.

edit: make that 4 :)

Is there any significance to the "dead pixels" on 4, or is it a red herring?

Hint for 3: The flashing text isn't talking about power, and the "me" is not in the image.

edit: I'm not convinced that the JS for 4 is doing what it's supposed to be doing (Firefox/Linux). It looks like it's supposed to reveal something, but it shows up like image corruption.

edit again: nm, I think I get it now

#2 is so simple, but it still took me ages to work it out. :blush:

Only up to 4 now...

4 is pretty obvious in principle, but the gamma seems a bit off (perhaps intentionally).

edit: the "dead pixels" don't mean anything as far as I can tell. That seems to be the meaning of the text at the bottom.

5 is more work than anything else so far, but not at all complicated.

Currently trying to figure out 6.

Haven't you seen the Blues Brothers?

Sadly, no.

I'm way too tired to be doing this; it's starting to creep me out a bit. :ph34r:

edit: I see no numbers, maybe it's my gamma that's off. The only lead I have is that I managed to get to a page that said "you are off the path". It didn't appear to have any hints, so I took it at face value. :huh

Bah, the iframe was broken on firefox...

edit: nm, got it

edit: any clues on 7? So far I've found the page that tells me what to do, and I have no idea what the significance of "times have changed in deutschland" is

As I said, 4 should be obvious but may not be. Try highlighting the image, or playing with the brightness in photoshop or somesuch if that fails.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 9, 2004 @ 02:26 PM

edit: any clues on 7? So far I've found the page that tells me what to do, and I have no idea what the significance of "times have changed in deutschland" is

I believe that the name of the chocolate bar is not what it used to be...

[edit] I don't know if that's it. The next page's source tells me that I'm wasting my time there. :huh:

That's a Twix wrapper? I was thinking Three Musketeers. Must be the lighting. <_<

edit: on 9, going to bed.

Tonight's hint for 8 is: transubstantiation (general concept, not the doctrine).

Back