Xmas release : Yabause 0.8.0

vbt

Staff member
yabause.jpg

Yabause 0.8.0 is out !!

Thanks to the big work done by the Yabause team we have a Xmas release. :cheers

The main improvements are :

• Improved Netlink AT command handling. Most games using the X-Band software should work now.
  • Added Modem states. Online Mode is now handled correctly.
  • Polygon drawing improvements.
  • Fixed a bug that was screwing up the buffer position. Now it's almost perfect(at the very least there's no clicks or pops anymore).
  • Improved Backup Ram bios emulation functions. Still no saving, but at least there's no errors when running games now.
  • Added support for gamepads/joysticks.(windows port)
  • Compiles and runs again.(dreamcast port)
  • Commited mac port fix by Antime.

See Changelog file for the complete list.

Emulation section

Source : http://yabause.sourceforge.net/

Quick question. I'm still new to the mac in so many ways. I copied yabuse.app from the image file to my hd, but when I tried to open it, it said it wasn't compatible with the OS. Looking in the readme didn't help, because I'm assuming I'm supposed to use the terminal and "compile" a binary. I have no clue how to do that. I'm a DOS boy. Could somebody give some hints, or maybe a step-by-step on how to do this? Why couldn't they offer a pre-compiled version on SF? Thanks!

The Mac binary is Intel-only at the moment. The build system is not set up for universal binaries, hopefully that can be fixed in the future.

You can try the latest nightly, which is universal. It might not work on earlier versions than Tiger, but if it does I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Back