What's worth more?

Cloud121

Established Member
What's worth more?

Mint CDX (Box, Manuals, Shrinkwrap) vs Mint Nomad (Box, Manuals, Shrinkwrap)

Boxed CDX vs Boxed Nomad

CDX (standalone) vs Nomad (standalone with normal battery pack)

You think the CDX is worth more in all those scenarios? What about the Nomad?

Sorry if none of that made sense, I was messing with my Nomad just now, while I was on my way to bed, and this had popped in my head: What's worth more? A CDX or a Nomad?

It's late... I'm tired...

What's worth more?

the cdx doesn't really excite me, i'd buy one just for "the collection" but still its just another megadrive. Now the Nomad, there's something i'd like. I can play Streets of Rage 2 at the various world wonders should i happen to visit them.

What's worth more?

I like the idea of the Nomad but dislike it because the battery power lasts as longas the game gear even less which isnt saying much.

What's worth more?

Shit, the life on the battery pack is 2 hours at most. And thats 6 AA batteries. Very bad battery life. Thats why I have an AC adaptor for my Nomad.

What's worth more?

Haha, I've had about 4-5 hours out of 6x Duracell Ultra M3 batteries, and the little battery meter on the batterys themselves still say theres just under half left!

What's worth more?

Ive always carry 1 pack with AA's and the rechargeable pack and jury rig a solar panel into that ive managed a whole day at uni that way, including 2 player snow brothers on the bus ride in.

Got a tonne of funny looks from people with GBA's ;o)

What's worth more?

I have 3.5 hours with 1100mha batteries (with headphones)

and 6 hours with 1800mha batteries (whith headphones too)

Imagine if you buy a 2400mha batteries, lol (maybe 8 hours??).

I don't know why nobody (gray market) created a more tiny and less consumtion nomad. Because, i've seen some pirate MD with 70% of the genesis in one chip.

And when you see the Nomad structure, you notice that sega didn't made lots of efforts to minimize the system (it's a bit like a genesis 2 inside).

What's worth more?

A bit off here but I been looking for months does anyone know where I may find these System on chip components as used in Pirate consoles Mega Drive,NES etc?

Also was there not something called a TopGuy portable NES in very small quanties by someone?

On topic a few questions :

Was the Nomad a Official Sega product?

How many estimated or otherwise were made?

What's worth more?

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 30, 2004 @ 04:00 PM

I have a Sega Nomad somewhere... is it worth anything?

I'll give you $50 (US) for it since you have been using it as a hammer.

What's worth more?

I got my Nomad still, I used it mainly to play 6 player RISK at school, good times!

I see people wanting Nomads more then CDXs so you'll get more money for that. I think. Probably a good 20 bucks more. If you put it on Ebay.

I personaly only have a discrepancy about the Nomad because of the batteries and the fact that the pack was so heavy it would always get knocked off and turn your damn game off. There was seriously no point it making it portable haha, It was just pretty much just a small easy to carry Sega and you always ended up playing it with a AC adapt.

What's worth more?

I have a Nomad, but i rarely ever play it, it's more of a collectors piece for me right now, except that the plastic over the screen is cracked.

But i really want a CDX, but they are quite expensive for such an old system, usually $100+

Back