top 5 2d sonic games of all time

In my opinion these were the best 5 sonic games ever made (2d).

1.sonic and knuckles - childhood fav. the coolest thing about this game was the knuckles v. metal sonic match and the very last level with super sonic flying through space.

2.sonic cd - I never got to play it as a child but as an adult I rate it as one of the best and i don't care what anybody else says, the animated intro rocks then and now

3.sonic 3 - was my no.2 until I played sonic cd, still a great game.

4.sonic spinball - love the music. I know its not a traditional sonic game but in my eyes was a good game with solid pinball gameplay... if there is such a thing as solid pinball gameplay lol

5.sonic 2 - big improvement on 1, the multiplayer mode was fun for awhile

sonic 1 was alright but doesn't hold up to the later sonics.

Dr. robitniks mean bean machine was a dumb game. yeah i went there.

sonic 3d blast was.......yeah.........

never played the game gear sonics enough to be able to rate them

comments,agree, disagree, make your own list,lurk.......

1. Sonic 2

2. Sonic Triple Trouble (GG)

3. Sonic CD (Sega CD)

4. Sonic & Knuckles

5. Sonic 1

Sonic 2 for the GG is horrendously hard, but Triple Trouble was perfect. Now that I'm thinking about, I need to get sonic gg...

Sonic 3D Blast was the beginning of the end of Sonic (until S&tSR)... Sonic Xtreme coulda shoulda woulda...

1. Sonic 2 (16-bit)

2. Sonic (16-bit)

3. Sonic (8-bit)

4. Sonic & Knuckles

5. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (8-bit)

Games I haven't yet played; Sonic CD, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Blast (8-bit), Knuckles Chaotix, Tails Skypatrol, Tails Adventure, Sonic Labyrinth.

The 8-bit version of Sonic is not usualy a game a lot of people seem to remember but it was a surprisingly good conversion. The jungle level is worth the experience of playing it on its own.

The 8-bit version of Sonic 2 is also a good game but didn't make my list because if was not the most well designed game. The harder levels are at the beginning of the game! Despite all this it still contains one of the best Sonic levels I've ever played which is the underground level with all those pipes. Huge fun!

Robnotniks Mean Bean Machine is an underated game. It can seem very simple for unexpreienced players but the better you become at playing it the more you realise there are various level of understanding of how the game works. The 8-bit version also contains a puzzle mode which wasn't included in the 16-bit version and it is pretty good if you wanna test your intelligence.

I played Tails Adventure on the GG. That was quite a fun adventure game. Not quite the fast-paced action like sonic, more adventure-style, with some puzzling moments, but enough bad guy whacking to keep it fun too. Took me a while to beat it, thanks for passwords.

Then I played Sonic 1 for GG, which is quite different from Sonic for Genny.

Back