those movies which remind you of 8-bit wonders

calganagain

Ban Hammered
The purpose of this thread is to post those movies which remind you of a particular 8-bit game or genre during the 8-bit age. The focus will be on the NES but you can mention the TG-16 or master system. Do not mention movies based on games.

I once saw on the sci-fi channel a movie early in the morning or late at night which reminded me somehow of 8 bit adventures but alas I do not remember its name.

Obviously "The Wizard (1989)"

Remember the movie with Fred Salvage from the "Wonder Years." Kids have an adventure to a Nintendo World Championship game. It was also Super Mario 3's debut to the world, and also showed off the peripherials like the "power glove" and "NES Max"

This is a good link about the movie:
http://www.fast-rewind.com/thewizard.htm

Read the very bottom for funny glitches about the movie and NES. For example; how they used the power glove to play "Rad Racer" when the power glove didn't work for any racer.

Well, Tron has to be one of the greatest "video game" movies of all time. It's a classic! I think it's in this one movie, Three Ninjas, I think that's what it's called, they use a GameGear in the last part of the movie.

Back