Tekken 5

I'm not too sure and maybe somebody can fill me in on this if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Tekken 5 is going to have items for the characters and money in the game. Is it just me or are there not that many improvments being put into this game. It just seems like Tekken 4 with VF quest mode...lacking the quests.

I hope to hear about VF4:FT comming to the states. Hopefully they wont change a lot of stuff like they did with the US EVO.

What exactly did they change from JPN Evolution to USA Evolution?

Also, Final Tuned will come out in the states for PS2.

Presumably it'll be something similar to Soul Edge or Soul Calibur II, where the different items give different characteristics to the player's attacks... but yeah, I'm not a big Tekken fan.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Oct 18, 2004 @ 12:09 AM

What exactly did they change from JPN Evolution to USA Evolution?

[post=121251]Quoted post[/post]​

Sweet deal, glad to hear about FT.

Well in the Jap version Vanessa has her VF4 outfit with the 2 piece and you can get her tattoos and everything. There are just TONS of kool items that were left out in the US version.

VF item list Click on anyone's name at the top and notice how all the items you really want or think are kool aren't in the US/Euro EVO heh heh. So I had to spring out and get a Japanese version as well.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Oct 18, 2004 @ 12:09 AM

[post=121251]Quoted post[/post]​

I just found out that Final Tuned on PS2 is just a rumor and not to expect it on a home console anytime soon.

Just be happy you don't live in Europe. In addition to the missing features you've mentioned we also didn't even get the 10th anniversary VF1 extra in our version of VF4Evo.

I'am very glad Namco gave the game a much needed improvement. Now,the gap between it and Virtua Fighter would finally be closed after 10 years.

Aside from that,I'am so glad Namco is bringing over its Tekken.net system unlike SEGA who didn't bring over the VF.NET system.

An arcade near me is supposed to be getting the cabinet soon, maybe it'll be cool. Maybe it'll be another overhyped fighting game.

Originally posted by Andrew225@Mon, 2004-11-08 @ 06:43 PM

Aside from that,I'am so glad Namco is bringing over its Tekken.net system unlike SEGA who didn't bring over the VF.NET system.

[post=123189]Quoted post[/post]​

I would of loved to see VF.net come over, but the fanbase isn't like it is in Japan and I think they just didn't think they would make any real money off it. Sega tends to favor to the land of the rising sun with extras.

Originally posted by Darsh@Sun, 2004-10-17 @ 11:05 PM

..but it seems to me that Tekken 5 is going to have items for the characters and money in the game.

[post=121246]Quoted post[/post]​

Anyone want to call this a Fighting/ RPG? Come on, I dare you! :devil

Just a follow up on this, there are 4 characters that have unlimited combos in the game....I guess Namco doesn't know anything about Beta Testing! haha

unlimeted combo huh? well that makes tournaments useless, unless they band those 4 chars. Still have to check it out but I haven't saw it anywhere...

Tekken 5 is coming out on February 25th. I have played this game in the arcade. I don't like it when other people come to the machine and challenge you. You are always getting beaten. If you play by yourself, you do pretty good. I have a data card. I use Kazuya Mishima. When this game comes out, I am not going to rent it from Blockbuster. I'm just going to buy it where it is being sold. :agree

I'm just buying into hype here, but this game actually looks like a decent fighter. I'll be getting it when the price goes down.

I actually bought it. It suprass the prequels , well u might like 3 better or tag. But this game is good on it's own. Really balance compare to the DOA series.

Back