Sturmwind - A new 2D/3D shump !!!!!

vbt

Staff member
Max, CEO of redspotgame personally announced the title during a interview on the German TV show “neues“ saturday afternoon. Fast forward to the 5min mark to see the interview.

Currently the following features have been announced..

* 16 Levels

* 3 selectable difficulty levels

* configurable controls

* adjustable screen position

* different weapons selectable

* More than 20 large bossenemies

* Hundreds of different enemies

* FMV intro sequence

* Hybrid 2d/3d game engine

* Resolution 640x480

* PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible

* Region Free

* Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast

* CDDA Sound

* Supports: Joypad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack

* (configurable)

* Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables

* Award Trophy System with unlockable content

You can see some gameplay footage the background here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj2y90WzH-M

more info on the respotgames announcement page

Source : http://dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/News201012#sturmwindannounced

Now the official trailer !

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWTVuJqS-U&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Love the backgrounds in this game. I think the only thing that might keep me from getting this is the price, it does seem a little steep after the British Pounds conversion. Hopefully, though, it'll be worth it.

Haste makes waste. This is what developer team Duranik thought during the last months while working on their upcoming Dreamcast shoot em up.

After an internal evaluation as well as constructive feedback from fans, redspotgames and Duranik have decided to put even more efforts into ‚Sturmwind‘. Unfortunately this means that both parties have to announce a delay of the release of the game. The new street day will be 11-11-11.

redspotgames and Duranik realize that some of the customers might be disappointed. But there is also a bright side due to this situation.

Thanks to the massive feedback from the original announcement trailer, the weapon system will be revised to the demand of the public. Also, the beta tests turn out to be bigger and more important than expected because of the feedback gained from the testers as well. Both will increase the quality of the game.

Source : http://www.redspotgames.com/

Release date related questions

Q: What’s the release date of Sturmwind for Dreamcast?

A: Sturmwind’s release date is currently set to “TBA”. (to be announced)

Q: C’mon, give me a more detailled date!

A: Sadly we really can not give you any release date yet because different parts of the final product are produced in five different counties with more than 10 involved parties and we don’t have a shipping date for all items from these suppliers yet.

Giving you another release date than “TBA” (to be announced) would be not fair to all included parties because we and our suppliers can not guarantee it. Customers would be not happy if we would hand out a release date that we can not meet.

Q: What are the next steps?

A: Sturmwind is taking the last big steps to completion. A Gold Master isn’t there yet, but to be completed soon. After suffering from the production setbacks mentioned later, most of the packaging items are completed by now.

Q: 2013 or maybe 2014 then?

A: To 99% this is very unlikely – 2012 will be the release of Sturmwind, but as mentioned earlier, the official release date is still “TBA”.

General Sturmwind questions

Q: Why is there such a gap between the last announced release date (11-11-11) and today (TBA)?

A: First of all, the version that would have been released on 11-11-11 is not as technically mature as the game currently is. It wasn’t our goal to release the game as soon as possible afterwards, but to make it more perfect. Sadly we got problems with the box supplier as well, which made it more complicated. All six delivery dates couldn’t be met from this supplier. Even though based in Germany, this very company produces in China, and it seems the communication between both were poor. Examples: The factory was completely closed 5 weeks for holidays. We received units that were too slim in size, even though we have communicated the correct dimensions. Lately, their German office gave us delivery dates that couldn’t be met neither, and to get even worse: While this period the Chinese facility hasn’t done a thing with the boxes.

Q: Can’t you just send me a preview version of the game? I have pre-ordered!

A: No.

Q: Can’t you just release the game on CD-R? I want to have it asap.

A: No, sorry. This does not meet our quality standards. Great packaging and good quality of the final product is really important for us.

Q: Can I become a beta tester?

A: The open beta test for fans is sadly over already. Indeed there has been a chance to test the game and give constructive feedback for the development. However Sturmwind’s progress is far more advanced by now.

Sturmwind complaints

Q: The game was delayed over and over again!

A: We’re sorry for the troubles caused, yet this could be subjective perception. In fact, the game has been delayed only once and has been set to “TBA” consequentially.

Sturmwind has been announced on December 6th 2010 and aimed for Q2 2011 as the release date. Due to constructive feedback from fans and the massive feedback from the beta tests the new release date has been set to 11-11-11.

In spite of best planing, the release of Sturmwind had to be set to “TBA” in the end: Our long-term CD-ROM manufacturer surprisingly had to declare bankruptcy after 19 years in business and couldn’t deliver in time, even though it has been promised to us. We pulled the plug and started discussions with a new facility.

Q: You have done nothing in the meanwhile!

A: Wrong. Both Duranik and redspotgames have worked on the project all the time in the meanwhile.

After Sturmwind has been set to “TBA”, we planed and announced the Limited Edition, featuring the Soundtrack “The Final Score”, a full color Sturmwind 3D Printed Model 1:72 and a full color Tactical Guide Booklet, all presented in a stylish box.

A open beta tests for has been announced and fans had the possibility to play the game and give constructive feedback.

Duranik has paid a lot of attention to this feedback and the game has changed: A new weapon system, new HUD, SD card features, just a name a few.

Preview versions have been on display on various conventions and videogame events around Europe in the meanwhile. New screenshots and videos have been made public as well.

Q: I haven’t heard nothing about Sturmwind after it got delayed!

A: That’s not quite the truth: As said before, Sturmwind has been on various conventions, serveral press media have reported about a preview version, we got fan beta testers aboard and there have been new features. If you are referring to the release date: Indeed, because there has been no change of the release date.

Q: Still I didn’t receive this information.

A: Large announcement such as press releases are posting on the front page of www.redspotgames.com – groundbreaking news such as a new release date. If you haven’t seen it there, it’s because these is no new information regarding it. The RSS feed comes in handy to check the latest entries on the website within your browser.

More detailled information are provided with the internal newsletter that you can receive as a customer of the redspotgames online shop. Haven’t received this neither? Then maybe you haven’t agreed to the newsletter once you have registered.

Additionally, even all small information about Sturmwind (previews, links, etc.) are posted on both our Facebook and Twitter page – maybe you should consider becoming a fan so you can follow it.

Q: I feel I was taken for a ride with this whole project (…) I have pre-ordered over a year / half a year / 2 months ago!

A: We are very sorry for these circumstances and would like you to feel comfortable. Have you ever thought about getting refunded by us, so you don’t have such bad feelings about it? Please contact the redspotgames customer service and you will receive the refund asap.

Q: This game has been made with my money, so (…)

A: We have to reject those statements because they are not true. Parts of the Sturmwind concept can be see in the never-released “Native” for Atari Jaguar. Duranik started this project already in 1997. On the other hand, redspotgames has been announced again and again that no payment is required to make the pre-order – it’s even displayed in bold and red and in two languages in the redspotgames online shop.

All investments for this production has been made by redspotgames from their own budget. Also paying the game in advance nevertheless does not mean the customer is a joint partner of the project and demands can be made, sorry. This never has been a croud funding project in any way.

Ordering / cancellation issues

Q: I couldn’t cancel my order because nobody replied to my emails!

A: Indeed because we are not offering email support anymore. If you have sent an email to us, you will receive following bounceback:

“This is an autoreply on email with subject (…) from (…). Please do not reply to this email.

(…)

Are you looking for the redspotgames customer support? We apologize, but we do not offer email support anymore. Instead the redspotgames customer support will assist you with all open questions concerning shipping, release dates etc. at www.redspotgames.com/support”

It never has been that easy to cancel the order – just create a ticket at the redspotgames customer service and the colleagues are assisting you.

Please note that we will not reply by email to any customer questions due to these circumstances.

Q: Haven’t received a reply from the redspotgames customer service neither!

A: As stated on the front page, new spam filters of services like Gmail, AOL or GMX are too strict and might put our replied into the spam folder. Please have a look in your spam folder and allow redspotgames mails to arrive. Additionally, you could contact your provider and demand the removal of such strict restriction.

Q: Can I still make a change to the Limited Edition after I gave ordered the Regular Edition?

A: Absolutely no problem! Just do another order of the Limited Edition (incl. other items if wanted) and send the redspotgames online shop the order ID of the old purchase – it will be cancelled in no time. The new order will be valid.

Q: I have bought another item with the Sturmwind pre-order (e.g. Rush Rush Rally Racing). Will it be shipped once Sturmwind has been released?

A: Yes, indeed! Specific items can’t be split into another shipment, so if you like to receive other (available) items before Sturmwind has hit the shelves, please make a seperate order.

Source : http://www.redspotgames.com/

RE: Sturmwind - A new 2D/3D shump !!!!!

another good news :

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/news/sturmwind-preview-hands-on-first-impression/

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/zN9mdItmoBs[/video]

sturmwind again available for sale :

https://www.facebook.com/Duranik/posts/749244975136569

Back