Stupid High tech keyboards

lordofduct

Established Member
Sometimes I like complexity. In paintings, movies, books and video games; I love complexity.

When it comes to my peripherals and techno toys... well I like simplicity and standard feel. Especially with things like keyboards with how fast I go through them. I get comfortable with one and then end up with a new one that I hate to death!

What the hell is it that it is getting harder and harder to find a nice standard 102 key keyboard.

for instance:

001470.jpg

But NOOOO now we have these fandangle tech'd out extra button this and that for volume and open web browser and ergonomic this crap... OH MY GOD. Now I can't even find a freakin' normal keyboard without resorting to the internet and having it mailed to me. Ok, Im fine with this, whatever I'll pay a couple bucks more for shipping so my damn hands will be comfy.

Then the problem... I want a wireless keyboard. Yup Im moving up in the world, gonna go wireless, shit possibly bluetooth if I found the keyboard I liked.... BUT WAIT THERE ARE NONE!

What's that you say? Yep, no freakin' normal keyboards that are wireless. they all have all those stupid extra buttons... am I not looking in the right places? I see images of them on the web, but no places to buy them! WTF... I hate this.

So if you happen to be plagued with this same problem, a hatred for fandangle ugly teched out made for soccer mom and teeny bopper keyboard, let your voice scream. And if you can find me a "reasonably priced" wireless keyboard, toss up a link. (80 dollars for a freakin' IR wireless generic keyboard is absurd)

LIVE LONG THE GENERIC KEYBOARD; MAY A MUNDAIN LIFE LIVE LONG!

I'm with yah, man. I'm using a nice buckle spring keyboard right now, and although it needs a serious cleaning I'll probably be using it for a while -- it's rugged as hell and feels great to type on. Gotta have that tactile response. I'm not a big fan of extra buttons either, although the keyboard on my other machine has a bunch of application launcher buttons that are kinda handy.

Anyway, try these guys out:

http://www.clickykeyboards.com/

Now THAT is what I'm talking about it290! Even better... I didn't know you could pick these up still, I have always just kept an eye open at yard sales but never come across em'

I need one!

See, I developed carpletunnle (sp) after years of working at a keyboard. So I started using an ergo one. However, I understand your frustration. I use none of the extra functions on my keyboard.

Back