Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Debug Code

the debud for Sonic 3 is UP,UP,DOWN,DOWN,UP,UP,UP,UP after the SEGA screen when it is black but before it flashes white, this takes a while for me to get right, having to restart the Genesis, I have the Propad 6 controller that is supposed to be able to program functions into it, but I have no clue how to do this.

and yes, I do have the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, but I rather not go through all that crap swinging on vines and hanging on pullies to do this code.

anyone know an easier way or know how to work the propad 6?

i dont get why they made the code so hard to pull off. thats what made sonic 2 so cool to me... debug man, and it was easy to pull off.

You know what would of been cool too, is why the HELL they didnt make S+K compatible with Sonic 1. yeah yeah yeah they had the stupid special stage thingy on it... but why not knuckles in sonic 1 world, that would of been cool. if they could do it to sonic 2 they easily could of done it to 1. probably be a REALLY hard game to beat.

They wanted to, but they weren't able to get it working for some reason. I think it may have had something to do with the color palettes used in the game, but I'm not sure if that's really the reason or not. I don't think it would be too hard, though. I can think of several areas where Knuckles' abilities would make the game quite a bit easier. (Scrap Brain Zone comes to mind, for instance)

The Sonic 3 code is hard to do cause you aren't supposed to access it. IT was planned as a very hidden feature only available to developers - I don't know how it slipped out though.

Sonic 1 wasn't compatible with S&K cause it would've take too much time to recode the game so Knuckles fits to it. In fact, they only added Sonic 2 so they can say REVOLUTIONARY LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY.

Sonic 3 and S&K were planned as one game, then split for whatever reason - they added the lock-on crap, Hyper Sonic, the infinite special stages and all that crap so you don't notice that they fucked up.

Originally posted by Borisz@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 09:58 PM

http://www.anti-otaku.com/genesite/collect...andom/stack.gif

[post=122349]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: lmao... that is huge lol.

Anyways one of the reasons also I think they didn't implement Sonic 1 was if you remember correctly you couldn't spin dash in Sonic 1. "Hold down +A and rev sonic up" Knuckles would be able to fly and the like and cruise with ease.

They implemented that spin dash in Sonic 2... They would have to somehow implement it onto the S+K cartridge which I don't know if it would have worked, it could have been time consuming also.

S&K worked with S3 cause the game was designed to work that way, in fact it uses the SAME engine - all S&K does is pull gfx and music from the Sonic 3 cart.

For Sonic 2, it used an extra 256k ROM chip, which worked the same way as S3+S&K, but added the necessary code to get Knuckles working in S2 (as it used an older engine).

It would've been possible to get Knuckles working in Sonic 1 (proved by the hacks that has Knuckles in Sonic 1), but they would really had to actually PROGRAM something for real, so they ditched the idea and added the 2^27+1 special stages with a quick map generator.

Back