Sonic Mega Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a Gamecube, but I am seriously thinking about getting one. And when I heard of the Sonic Mega Collection thoughts are a brewing in my mind on which games will be included in this one. Although I don't know much about this game, I'm just hoping it will include a lot of the classic Sonic games, more than what Sonic Jam included on the Saturn. I can't wait for more info!

Well, I don't own a GCN, but even if I did im not going to be looking forward to this game unless I know that it will offer much more then sonic Jam. Remember, this "game collection" will probably be sold for $50, so it better have somthing new to offer as well as old.

I really don't know, all I know is the name and by the sounds of it it will have a bunch of Sonic games on it. And I've loved every Sonic game in existence, and it would be much easier to play them all on the Gamecube then to pull out all of my systems to play them. I hope they're gonna give us some more information soon.

well, even if it was like Sonic Jam(very unlikely) it would still be cool...more people would get a chance to play it,not to mention they would be perfect ports...and have perfect video quality...of course id rather see a re-release of Phantasy Star Collection...

Well, the GC discs are more than twice the size of a regular CD, which points to the fact that we *should* get more that there was on Sonic Jam!

I'm really hoping we get Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic CD! You can keep the SMS/GG versions... they sucked.

I hope they decide not to include Sonic shuffle in their, I would much prefer Sonic Fighters, as I have yet to play the game and it has never been released on any home systems before.
As for Knuckles Chaotix, when that game came out it got fairly lousy reviews from quite a few different mags (I have never read any online reviews for it). Most of the mags said stuff like "Its a sonic game without sonic" or "this game could have been done on genesis without the aid of 32X". I guess they just feel Knuckles Chaotix is the "Black sheep" of the Sonic games.

id still like to check it out...i mean if theyre including Sonic Shuffle(which is crap)they might as well include Knuckles Chaotix...of course we wont know for sure what will be in it till they release more info...

I've always liked Knuckles as a character.. and always wanted to play Chaotix.

I must admit that I'm a little dissapointed with the games they've anounced. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted they've included Sonic CD... but Sonic Drift?! I'd much rather Chaotix!

we can only hope...of course if they wanted they could include every Sonic game ever made...we all know thats not going to happen...(more re-releases = more money)

AFAIK, Sonic Xtreme was aweful hence Sega canning it.

It was developed in America by the now defunt "Away-Team"... I think.

Chances of it ever coming out are slim, to say the least.

Actualy, it was a good deal more complex then the game just being canned because it was bad. In fact, im not sure if it was a bad game at all (how can I be when I have never played it?). Go here and here to read two different interviews with staff from the game. Those were just released on the net about a week ago, thats why if you have ever searched for info on the game you never saw them.

ill be picking up a GC for zelda and starfox adventures, and the sonic collection will most likely be another game i will pick up. I say get rid of sonic drift. it was kinda cool to play it on a game gear, but time wasnt too kind to that game. i played it on an emu a while ago, and i was just like, "how was this game fun?!"

Ive never played chaotix either, but it doesnt seem to be too expensive, maybe ill just pick it up for my 32x.

Well Sonic Xtreme may be bad, if that was the reason, but it still would be cool to actually play it. I remember watching a movie for it a long time ago on the net, and it really did look pretty cool. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it though. Just saying it would be cool to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back