Sonic Chaos

Sonic Triple Trouble

Sonic Blast

Sonic Labyrinth

Sonic Drift

Sonic Drift 2

Tails Adventure

Tails Sky Patrol

I tried looking for info on the web. Apparently, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 are actually different games from the genesis versions. And Blast and Labyrinth are supposed to suck. Tails Sky Patrol is supposed to be pretty good, but quite expensive. Anyone got any experiences?

Are any of these games besides SH1 and 2 and chaos also released on the master system?

One last really dumb question. Is there any easy way to play GG games on the SMS?

Thanks,

JMT.

Sonic Triple Trouble is my personal favorite for Game Gear. Note that Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble were called "Sonic & Tails" and Sonic & Tails 2" respectively, in other regions.

I believe Sonic 1, 2, Chaos, AND Sonic Blast as well were all ported to Master System.

Somehow it feels like I'd be selling out to play Sonic on Po$2.

And it would cost me 150$ to buy a gamecube and sonic DX, I can probably find the retro games for less than that. And the reviews claim that the frame rate took a hit for SA on the gamecube. And what's the darned deal with having to "unlock" the sonic games. I just want to play them!

And what's the deal with the sonic adventure DX website claiming that the graphics were updated for the enhanced gamecube abilities. I thought the dreamcast was superior to the gamecube and Po$2, or was that just wishful thinking?

JMT.

Never seen the GC SA1, but I played the PC demo. The character do have a good bunch extra polygons, on par with SA2 character models IMO. They have smoother outlines and fingers (like in SA2), the specular effects looks nicer with the extra triangles. I also noticed a few textures were redone in higher resolution.

Since I played it on a PC, I can't comment on the framerate, but I assume they got it working at 60fps (as it should), right?

Back