Somewhat new to anime

I was wondering what series anime everyone thought was good. I don't care for sailor moon, but I like heroic legend of arslan and inuyasha?, I somewhat like slayers, blue seed 9, and record of lodoss war. If you have 1 or two good recommendations for me, please briefly explain what the series is about. Storyline, action, adventure, hack n slash, etc. No erotic stuff please.

thanks

This is a hard question to answer, but you seem to be enjoying fantasy, so I'd have to put in a solid recommendation for Fullmetal Alchemist (note: I don't know how Funimation and Cartoon Network have been handling it; I meant to catch the premiere but missed it). Basically the series is about two brothers who are geniuses at alchemy - the art/science of rearranging matter based on equations. They convince themselves that they know enough to resurrect their mother, but when they try it, Edward - the older brother - loses an arm and a leg, and Alphonse - the younger brother - loses his entire body, but Ed manages to bind his soul to a suit of armor (I told you they were geniuses), and they more or less go on a journey to understand what happened. There's a pretty healthy mix of drama, action, and mystery, and despite the overall grim theme, it manages to have its funny moments.

I've been saying it forver:

It's all about Gundam. :) Perfect blend of action, drama, great plots, likeable characters, and kick ass mecha designs.

Sailor Moon was my first anime, and will always be my favorite.

Anyway, if you want movies, I recommend Ninja Scroll, Goku: Midnight Eye, and Wicked City.

Other Series: Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho.

Pretty mainstream I know, but I've never been that big of an anime fan outside of Sailor Moon and Gundam. Although I do love Hakusho and Kenshin.

Comedy Angel Blade option.

Ummm... Lessee.... Trigun, Outlaw Star (you have to see episode 23), Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex, Samurai Champloo... They're all consistently good. Only a fucking troll would be disappointed in any.

Back