So what are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I won't be getting mine when all of you do, I'll only get mine in January when a friend of my girlfriend gets back for the States. But on the up side, when I do - I'll be getting both SSBM and Pikmin with it :)

What I'm getting is as follows:-
  • Gamecube console (purple)
  • Extra controller (purple)
  • Memory card 59
  • Interact 5mb memory card
  • Super Smash Brothers
  • Pikmin
  • Rogue Leader
  • Extreme G3
  • Luigi's Mansion

• Thats it, hopefully that'll keep me busy for a while! :cool:

Whats everybody else getting?

Unfortunatly, im going to be getting a PS2 (Yes, I know im a traitor), but their are just too many games for it that I want vs the gamecubes lineup. For comparisons sake, hers the games I want for Gamecube and PS2:

PS2:
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Xenosaga
3. Devil May Cry
4. Twisted Metal Black
5. The bouncer
6. Metal Gear Solid 2
7. Silent Hill 2
8. Final Fantasy 7 remake
9. Final Fantasy 8 remake
10. Final Fantasy 9 remake

Gamecube:
1. Super Smash Bros melee
2. Eternal Darkness
3. Metroid Prime
4. Luigis mansion
5. Star Wars: RL2
6. Maio Sunshine
7. Starfox
8. Resident Evil original remake

Pikmin looks nice to, but ill have to try it first before I can say if I like it or not. Plus Zelda would be at the top of my list, but sense they changed it into another baby-a-fied game, I have lost basicly all intrest in it. I would have bought the GC for that game alone orinaly to :(

To me, it would seem like a better choice getting the GC first. Looking at your want lists, the PS2 only has 2 more games then the GC and the system has been out for a year while the GC is just being released.

And FF7-9 remakes? Ugh. The originals were bad enough.

CrowTRobo

I'd agree with you on 7 and 8, but what I've played of 9 has actually not sucked. In any case, I hear that The Bouncer is an absolute POS for what it was hyped up to be, but maybe it's a decent game in its own right.

As for my want list (note that this is for games that are either out now or are scheduled to be out this year):

PS2
===

Gradius 3+4
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid 2
Guilty Gear X
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Onimusha
Soul Reaver 2
GC
==

Super Monkey Ball
Luigi's Mansion
XBox
====

Erm... nothing, I guess.

I think the choice is clear for right now :).

Well, the thing is though that, while I did say what games I wanted for each of the two systems, I didn't say how much I wanted them. Here is a more complete listing, 1 is the lowest amount of hype I have over getting a game, and 10 is the most:

PS2:
1. Final Fantasy X ......................10
2. Xenosaga ..............................10
3. Devil May Cry ..........................9
4. Twisted Metal Black ................7
5. The bouncer ............................9
6. Metal Gear Solid 2 ...................9
7. Silent Hill 2 ..............................7
8. Final Fantasy 7 remake ...........9
9. Final Fantasy 8 remake ...........8
10. Final Fantasy 9 remake .........7

Gamecube:
1. Super Smash Bros melee .........9
2. Eternal Darkness .....................7
3. Metroid Prime ...........................9
4. Luigis mansion .........................7
5. Star Wars: RL2 .........................8
6. Maio Sunshine ..........................10
7. Starfox ......................................8
8. Resident Evil original remake.....6

As you may notice, the PS2 has higher ratings for its games for me on a scale of hype. I want to play Xenosaga and Final Fantasy X badly! The next mario is only up as me wanting that much because its mario, and all mario games I have ever tried (excluding mario is missing) are great.
As far as the final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 remakes, the reason I want those is 1: Final Fantasy 7 is the game that got me into RPG's, and I was completly imersed in when I first played. 2: Final Fantasy 8 because the original had potential, but was never fully realized in its original version that came out, im hoping that the remake will complete the better parts of the game, and remove the lousy ones. and 3: I never got to play FF9, due to my playstation breaking about a month before it came out, I have been wanting to play it ever sense then.
Now on to the Bouncer: I have played it, and will say that it is a short, uninavative game, but it is a fun one, and I enjoy the way it plays out like a movie in the CG sceans.
I think that explains about everything.

Well, at 9:30am this morning I began my trek to buy a Gamecube. The first 3 stores I went to (Toys R US, Fred Meyer, Kmart) were all sold out for a long time. I got some breakfast and decided to find another store. I passed a Circuit City and noticed they hadnt opened yet and there was a line in front. I parked and hopped out of my car as soon as they were opening the store. There were only 2 games there and I didnt see any gamecubes for sale in site. I grabbed Rouge Leader and asked a clerk where the Gamecubes were. He went to check on if they were in stock, then he came back and gave me a purchase voucher that one of the customers who waited in line didnt want or need.

long story short I bought a black Gamecube and Rouge Leader. (I need a memory card now :/) Great game though.

Well, I was going through a bunch of stores today, looking to see who was still selling Dreamcast games which I could get at bargan prices, and after going through about three or four stores I arived at my local Target, and low and behold, they had TONS of Gamcubes for sale. Everywhere else I had been I noticed had none left, but target had remained unscathed by the masses of GC early christmass shoppers. I couldn't belive how small the boxes were that the cube came in, but then I saw one out of the box for play, and it was much, much smaller then I had pictured it, this was aided by the fact that an enormous XBox was sitting about two inches from it.
Anyways, I obviously didn't have the money for one (and even if I had, I would of probly kept it for christmass spending money), but I did notice something interesting when I started to leave the gaming section of the store: Stacks upon stacks of GC promo disks! Figuring that these might actualy become collectors items many years from now when the GC is out of date and the next system wars had begun, I picked up about 30 of them and ran out of the store with my newfound collection of GC promo disks. Im going to go to school tommorow and give one out to each my friends thats considering getting an Xbox. Their going to love these things, the mini disks look realy neet :)

Fab, don't get The Bouncer. Seriously... I made that mistake!

I was seriously desparate for PS2 games (there's only about 4 decent ones available over here :( ) so I bought The Bouncer... it takes about 45 minutes to finish, and the only good thing about it is the CG scenes and if thats what you're into rent The Spirits Within, its much better and a hell of a lot cheaper.

In short, The Bouncer stinks, and I'd only consider buying it in a $5 bargin bin....

/me steals Ex-Cyber's GC and Rogue Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back