SMS Plus & System E ?

vbt

Staff member
News (5/30)

I recently got a Sega "System E" arcade PCB (Tetris) and wrote some documentation for it:

System E Hardware Notes

I'm waiting for the parts to make a JAMMA adapter so I can fire the board up and run some tests on it. Assuming it is in working condition I'd like to convert it to Fantasy Zone 2 which is one of the better System E games.

I've also been working on creating schematics for Royal Denshi's arcade game "Royal Queen" which uses a Z80, 6802-alike MCU and has a 4-bit bitmapped framebuffer for graphics. No sprites or background layers, but there is some simple hardware acceleration for blitting data from ROM to the framebuffer rather than make the MCU do that work. Here is the work in progress schematic diagram, later I'll divide it into sheets, name all the intermediate signals, and write documentation too:

Royal Queen Schematics (PNG)

And finally, here is a maintenance release of SMS Plus for the new decade. Both 32K and 8K-banked Korean games are now supported thanks to information and ROM dumps from Omar Cornut.

SMS Plus (Windows binary)

SMS Plus (Source code)

I'm making some changes to the source which may lead to System E support now that I know how that hardware works. We'll see!

Source : http://cgfm2.emuviews.com

Back