Scart for genesis or masersystem?

I just bought this "Adapteur R.V.B." Model 3085 as it says on the little box in the middle of the cable.

I thought this was a scart cable to the Model 1 Genesis to get better picture, but im not sure if its made for the genesis. When i search the net for Model 3085 i mostly get hits for the Master System. But i found one page that mentioned that this cable also worked for the Model 1 genesis.

I get sound but the picture is black. The question is, is the cable broke? Or is the picture black because its made for the Master System and is not compatible with the Model 1 Genesis?

3085.jpg

The Master System and Genesis have identical A/V ports, so it should work with either. Maybe it's broken?

Any chance you would want to take some pictures of what's inside the plastic box? :)

Yeah i think it was broke, just tested it on another Genesis and same problem there.

But i was going through some old stuff in my basement and found a cable with that exact A/V port for the genesis in the end, and it worked!

So i will be returning this broken cable to the store, i just trying to figure out what that little box on the broken cable was for? hmm

Back