Saturn Mods

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
If you can't or do not feel like chipping your Saturn yourself and would like someone else to do it you have come to the right place.

Starting very soon we can chip your saturn or if you like buy a pre-chipped saturn.

What does a chipped Saturn allow you to do? It allows you to play your backed up games so that you do not have to ruin your originals and can keep them in the minty fresh state.

We can also country switch your saturn so you do not have to fish around for one of those hard to find 5in1 carts. Lots of other stuff like this for your favorite Sega systems.

I will be bringing back the video game store within the month! Yay!

awesome news

I always have people asking me if I know of any modded Saturns for sale or people that will mod them.

Great news. But there are alot of different types of Saturn out there, and I doubt all of them are moddable, especially those fecking '64pin IC CDUnit' Saturns.

I know it says "Lots of other stuff like this for your favorite Sega consoles", but does this include modding your DC? I wanna get my DC modded...

Would you guys be selling a pre-modded saturn without any hookups? Cause I already have a saturn, but I heard a saturn system dies out a little faster than without a modchip.

I heard a saturn system dies out a little faster than without a modchip.

I seriously doubt it, aside from the possibility of the modboard itself dying. The modboard doesn't touch the laser, it just modifies the data stream between two microcontrollers. Now if you use a crappy burner and no-name media, that might knock a bit off the lifespan...

I wouldn't immediately put it down to the mod or using CD-Rs -- CD readers do just wear out sometimes -- but cheap 80/90/99-minute* CD-Rs in particular have been observed to read substantially "worse" than good quality discs, especially if the burn quality is bad. Basically you end up with the seek motor and focus/tracking servos working overtime to correct for a lousy signal, and you usually end up with a usable signal from the disc, but the tracking components never get a break.

.*: Yes, I know it's nearly impossible to get 74-minute CD-Rs anymore without special ordering them, but it's really better to stick to the standard if you can, especially on older readers

Back