Robotech - Macross

I grew up as a kid watching the Robotech series by Harmony Gold. Even today the cool story line, the characters, music & battles impress me.

Last week I bought Macross Plus the Movie & Episodes DVD, Macross 2, & Ghost in the Shell.

Even though their animation & visuals were superior to the older Robotech, their story, music & action did not impress as much as the original Robotech series.

I was thinking about getting Robotech Sentinels & Gundam Endless Waltz, but now I’m not sure if I will like them either and I don’t want to go out and waste money.

Any opinions?

What’s the best site to find out about all the Robotech / Macross movies, in existence?

The ones I know of are:

Original Robotech Series – Harmony Gold – 1984 I think?

Robotech Sentinels

Macross

Macross 2

Macross Plus Movie

Macross Plus Episodes

Does Gundam - Endless Waltz movie DVD, feature the cool soundtrack Gundam – Rhythm Emotion that you can hear in the intro of Gundam - Endless Duel game on the SNES? It sucks that they removed it from the 2 PSX versions of the game.

Any answers to my queries will be appreciated

Thanks in Advance.

The Harmony Gold Robotech isn't actually Macross... it is a mixture of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada.

Regarding what you bought... I liked Macross PLUS a lot, especially the Sharon Apple movie.

You should get Macross 7 and Zero, those are good good.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Dec 6, 2003 @ 03:32 PM

The Harmony Gold Robotech isn't actually Macross... it is a mixture of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada.

Regarding what you bought... I liked Macross PLUS a lot, especially the Sharon Apple movie.

You should get Macross 7 and Zero, those are good good.

last i looked macross zero isn't for sale in the usa yet

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Dec 6, 2003 @ 05:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Dec 6, 2003 @ 05:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jurai@Dec 6, 2003 @ 03:50 PM

last i looked macross zero isn't for sale in the usa yet

Not my fault! [/b][/quote]

its ok des-row!!!! iwas just saying, he cant go buy or anything, its a good series tho i enjoy it much

Wait isn't Marcross 7 the one with the singing fighter thing mix crap. Oh god the singing NOT THE SINGING!!! Make the fucking song stop. I couldn't take more of the show after watching like 12 or so episodes. It's like every one had the same battle in it.

Guy gets in fighter, guy flys out into middle of bad guys, guy starts to sing the really annyoing song for 5 minutes, SOMEONE ELSE wins the fucking battle.

I use to know a really good Macross site but it shut down.

I do know that Macross Zero is a must see for any fan though. It's amazing!

seeing that Robotech is miles above and beyond what Macross is, go to www.robotech.com. It's their official site, and it has many a reason as to why "Macross" sucks in comparison with the Robotech storyline.

I love Robotech the Macross Saga, i recently even bought Robotech Battlecry for xbox because of it.

It's a pity about Robotech II: The Sentinals though :(

Back