Resident Evil 5 announced for...

No Revolution?? :( I hope it sees the light of day on a Nintendo system. Though at that point I'll probably own it on either PS3 of X-box 360.

It'll get ported to Revolution. Given the success of the series on 'Cube, it should be ported.

And if the Revolution controller is different enough than the other two, maybe they can make it use the GameCube controller?

The 'Cube controller was made for RE. Play any RE game on PSX, then play that same game on GameCube. Controls much better.

Not too surprising. Though it did well, more systems means more money. Personally, I would realease on all three systems.

The 'Cube controller was made for RE. Play any RE game on PSX, then play that same game on GameCube. Controls much better.

You're a freak.

Edit - just to explain, digital control is, IMO, much better for any RE game (except RE4). Given the gamecube's ultra-shitty dpad, your statement doesn't make much sense.

I wonder if it will be ported to the Revolution. In terms of horsepower, the Revolution will be quite far behind. It won't be like the current-gen systems where PS2 and GC were fairly comparable in graphical prowess while XBox proved its abilities later on (for example, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory). The Revolution's strengths will be its original software, I think. Of course, no one has seen what the revolution can do, so I could be wrong....

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2005-07-20 @ 06:51 PM

You're a freak.

Edit - just to explain, digital control is, IMO, much better for any RE game (except RE4). Given the gamecube's ultra-shitty dpad, your statement doesn't make much sense.

[post=136992]Quoted post[/post]​

That's why you use the stick.

There was a time when i would have cared about this not being mentioned for the revolution, but now i really dont care anymore about the big N or their ignorant ways.

Nevertheless, i will buy the game no matter what system it is on and it will probably influence my choice of which console to get first.

That's why you use the stick.

Right, but if you put even the slightest left or right pressure, your character will start turning, making precise zombie dodging very difficult. The RE control scheme is a purely digital scheme, so why would analog control be better? The same goes for the R trigger button, it's much less of a pain to hold it down on the PS. I even go so far as to use a PSX converter when I play RE or RE0 on my gamecube.

Right, but if you put even the slightest left or right pressure, your character will start turning,

Are your thumbs that shaky? Yes, playing it on a PSX stick is odd, but it just feels natural with the GameCube stick.

Besides, the 'Cube stick isn't even real analog, it just a good o'l eight way stick. At least, I think that's how it is. :huh:

No, it's analog- it just has a restrictor around the edge. And it's not a matter of shaky thumbs- move left or right at all and your character will turn. The game was designed for a dpad.. anything else is like playing pac-man with an analog stick.

Whatever.

I have trouble playing it on PSX in analog mode, yet I have no problem playing them all on GameCube with the stick.

Looks like the zombies may be back; and they look to be fast moving. And who was the main character, but Chris himself. I'm guessing we are gonna got more Wesker as well. All the games's Chris is in, Wesker is in.

You can't blame capcom or any other company from staying away from revolution announcements because they really don't know what to expect (just like the rest of us). I think Nintendo is alienating 3rd parties even more because of this, which is definitely not a good thing especially considering the status of current relations.

I'm looking forward to RE5 just because of how great RE4 was... I can't stand how the rest of the REs control regardless of the controller used.

Originally posted by Berty+Thu, 2005-07-21 @ 06:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Berty @ Thu, 2005-07-21 @ 06:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>but now i really dont care anymore about the big N or their ignorant ways.

[post=137019]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Unless Nintendo has publically stated it does not want RE5 on their upcoming system (which would be really strange, but not ignorant), the decision for developing RE5 is still in the air for Capcom. Remember, it's entirely Capcoms' (developers) affair as to what console they develop their games for.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ammut
@Fri, 2005-07-22 @ 04:17 PM

I'm looking forward to RE5 just because of how great RE4 was... I can't stand how the rest of the REs control regardless of the controller used.

[post=137094]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Has it occured to you that the controls for all Resident Evils up until Veronica (or Outbreak) is exactly the same as Micro Machines, GTA 1-2, Tomb Raider (to name a few) - yet nobody has ever annouced their disgust for the controls of these games. IMO, it's better to have games take advantage of many different control mechanisms, as well as themes, genres and perspectives, rather than be limited to a single choice.

Has Nintendo even given anyone Revolution devkits yet?

edit - I mean other than the obvious people like Retro Studios and whatnot.

Back