Rambo III

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
"Rambo III for the Sega Genesis. This game was killer back in the day, and still is.

It had everything, action, story, strategy and killing. It had a nice top-down view where a lot of the area could be seen. This was needed a lot as you had to race through buildings and stuff before they blew up. You had 4 weapons to choose from... arrows (which had a charge thing), knife, bombs, and yer trusty machine gun.

Another cool feature was the in-between stages stage. In this you would get kind of a 3D view (felt that way....not really 3D) and shoot down a helicopter as it tried to shoot you. You could hide behind rocks so you wouldn't get hit and then pop out and blast the helicopter w/ yer arrows. Sounds simple, but it's pretty hard. I do believe they have 2 or 3 of these stages... one tank, and the other a helicopter.

I have been a big fan of this game since I was a little kid and still enjoy it today. Anyone else's thoughts on this wonderful Genesis game?"

Pearl Jammzz

I like it, but even so, as far as Commando clones go there are many I'd rather play-- such as Guerilla War, Ikari Warriors, Shock Troopers, and Heavy Barrel. Although I did like the arrow feature.

Haha, I played Rambo III just 2 days ago. And to my surprise I still new where everything was, except the location of the colonel :( And since you have no continues in the final level, I died...

Still, great fun.

Back