Quick Question about Gensis AV Cable

I was just wondering if someone can answer a question about the 2nd model of the SEGA Genesis. I'm looking for Composite cables for my Genesis 2 models and was wondering if it could output cable sounds and I should look for that cable. I have a 32x if that is needed in any way.

By the way, is the SEGA Saturn AV cord compatible with the Genesis 2? They look so similar.

Dr. Dib said:
I was just wondering if someone can answer a question about the 2nd model of the SEGA Genesis. I'm looking for Composite cables for my Genesis 2 models and was wondering if it could output cable sounds and I should look for that cable.
I'm not sure what you mean...

By the way, is the SEGA Saturn AV cord compatible with the Genesis 2? They look so similar.
No; it's the same style of connector but the pins are different.

Sorry about my lack of clarity, I mean this:

I've seen a Genesis 2 cable with 2 plugs (white and Yellow or red and yellow) and I've also seen cables with all three plugs. Are all of these compatible with the Genesis 2?

Yes, you can get a stereo A/V cable for the genesis 2 (also works with the 32x and genesis model 3).

http://cgi.ebay.com/AV-RCA-Audio-Ca...oryZ3642QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(just first hit off e-bay)

FYI, you can also use this cable with the genesis 1. You need to have the adapter plug that comes with the 32X that converts the A/V (midi-style plug) out from the genesis 1 to the mini-din style of the genesis 2. The 32X then plugs its pass through into this adapter if you have the 32X/model 1 package. But you can plug the standard genesis 2 stereo a/v cable right into this adapter and use it with the genesis 1.

I'm not sure if they ever made their own official sega a/v cable for the genesis 1. The genesis 1 already outputs stereo audio via the 1/8in audio jack.

Ah, in fact, here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genesis-1-Mono-...oryZ3543QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's mono, but you can just use the front-jack stereo output instead of the audio out of this cable.

Back