Patlabor

vbt

Staff member
Is it worth to see the 3 Patlabor movies ? Last week I was a bit sleepy and watched Patlabor 1, I was not really attentive and found the movie boring (maybe because I was sleepy?). So did I miss something ? should I watch the 2 others ?

The third movie (Patlabor WXIII) is excellent. But I think you have to be patient to enjoy the film - it goes along at a very, very slow pace. To that end it's a significant departure from the earlier films and TV series.

If you enjoy Mamoru Oshii's other films (Urusei Yatsura 2, Ghost in the Shell) I think you'll like the environment that's created in this one, the visuals along with the soundtrack by Kenji Kawai work well together.

cgfm2 said:
The third movie (Patlabor WXIII) is excellent. But I think you have to be patient to enjoy the film - it goes along at a very, very slow pace. To that end it's a significant departure from the earlier films and TV series.

If you enjoy Mamoru Oshii's other films (Urusei Yatsura 2, Ghost in the Shell) I think you'll like the environment that's created in this one, the visuals along with the soundtrack by Kenji Kawai work well together.

Yes you're right, this one was quite good I've just seen it :) This time the story is nice.

Back