Otogi: Myth of Demons

Dud

Established Member
Anyone play it yet? I'm stuck on Stage 28 right now, but this is one of the best action games I've played in a while; it's fairly challenging too. What do you all think of it?

When i was working at a local video game store, we had otogi in stock. However, the thing never sold and we did have a large amount of customers. This brings me to the next point, I think that Sega has stuffed up in publishing some specific games on the Xbox. For example, why would sega publish a JAPANESE specific game like Panzer Dragon Orta on the WORST performing console in the Japanese market. To me this is the same problem that Otogi faced. Now im not accusing Xbox owners of being ignorant or anything like that, i am just saying that the market that both Otogi and PDO occupy it would have been far more successful to publish the game on the PS2 or even Gamecube.

Back to Otogi, I thought that it was solid game but it felt heartless.

I've always thought that most of Sega's Xbox games should have been released on at least the gamecube. GC owners seem more receptive to both Japanese games and games that are a little bit different to the norm.

I dread to think how badly Super Monkey Ball would have sold if it was released on the Xbox.

I agree with Berty and Axelblazeadam. However I think Sega's games would be overlooked by the majority of gamers on any platform. I think they would definitely sell a little better on Gamecube, but Otogi would be impossible to have on any other console unless it didn't save battle maps.

I just recently got my XBOX because I couldn't hold out any longer. There are too many Sega games I wanted to play and then some for a bonus. I had to get Otogi and beat it in time for the 2nd one.

Anyways, I've beaten it on both normal mode and 2nd play. I pretty much got the story down and everything but I want to make sure about the 2nd play ending, as it left me a little confused. Maybe I understand it and just don't know it, but I just want reasurance. So if someone would like to expliain this to me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Darsh@Oct 17, 2004 @ 03:09 AM

I just recently got my XBOX because I couldn't hold out any longer. There are too many Sega games I wanted to play and then some for a bonus. I had to get Otogi and beat it in time for the 2nd one.

Anyways, I've beaten it on both normal mode and 2nd play. I pretty much got the story down and everything but I want to make sure about the 2nd play ending, as it left me a little confused. Maybe I understand it and just don't know it, but I just want reasurance. So if someone would like to expliain this to me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

[post=121199]Quoted post[/post]​

I was unaware that anything was different besides carrying over your stuff. I'm still trying to get 100% spirits on all levels (still have a few stages to go) on my first play. I'll try and look into it for you and see what you're talking about.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Oct 17, 2004 @ 02:49 PM

I was unaware that anything was different besides carrying over your stuff. I'm still trying to get 100% spirits on all levels (still have a few stages to go) on my first play. I'll try and look into it for you and see what you're talking about.

[post=121220]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, there's a different ending when you beat it the 2nd time around. You don't need to get 100% to get it either and I didn't bother with getting all the spirites the 2nd time cuz I got everything the first time I played through. I'd just like to kinda get a full understanding of the 2nd ending is all. It kinda leaves you confused.

Originally posted by Darsh@Oct 17, 2004 @ 06:37 PM

Yeah, there's a different ending when you beat it the 2nd time around. You don't need to get 100% to get it either and I didn't bother with getting all the spirites the 2nd time cuz I got everything the first time I played through. I'd just like to kinda get a full understanding of the 2nd ending is all. It kinda leaves you confused.

[post=121232]Quoted post[/post]​

I just played the second time through, and to be honest I don't understand either ending fully. :p

Originally posted by mountaindud@Oct 19, 2004 @ 02:57 AM

I just played the second time through, and to be honest I don't understand either ending fully. :p

[post=121307]Quoted post[/post]​

haha that's why I ask...crazy Japanese and their whacked out mentallity enduced by us dropping 2 nukes on them. :flamethrower:

haha that's a joke by the way.

Back