New 2D Castlevania in the works for DS

racketboy

Established Member
Electronic Gaming Monthly has released info and screens of a new Castlevania title for the DS. The game will be a direct sequel to the GBA Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and will include many new features.

Also keep in mind that the DS is significantly more powerful than the PSX. So you can expect even better eye candy than Symphony of the Night.

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 287
  • scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 297
  • scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 287
  • scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 301
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 273
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 273
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 274
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 271
  • scan3.jpg
    scan3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 289
  • scan3.jpg
    scan3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 303
  • scan3.jpg
    scan3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 280
  • scan3.jpg
    scan3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 282
  • scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 290
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 272
  • scan3.jpg
    scan3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 279
Also keep in mind that the DS is significantly more powerful than the PSX. So you can expect even better eye candy than Symphony of the Night.

The "eye candy" in SotN was good art, not killer effects.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 04:38 PM

The "eye candy" in SotN was good art, not killer effects.

[post=126898]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought the rest of SotN was good-looking too.

But maybe that's just me? :)

Damn, why did they have to make it a sequel to Aria of Sorrow, though? I'd rather have another game with Sonia or maybe the further adventures of the CV3 gang.

Looks and sounds good. But I never played Aria of Sorrow. I played the first 2 GBA games and wasn't terribly big on them. Guess I should maybe give it a try.

Aria of Sorrow was good, but far from perfect. It had better graphics than the first GBA game and much better sound (technically speaking) than the 2nd one. But it was rather short (fitting tons of art + high quality sound in a small cart requires compromises), and setting the game in the future was kinda lame. Many throaway characters, but which Castlevania game has a killer plot, anyway?

Hopefully they'll be able to do a game without the storage limitation issues tha GBA had.

this is great news... I am anxious to see this on the "mighy" DS...lol.. but its a welcome addition, hell any game right now would be a welcome addition. Seriously I would like to see them do some FPS's, (in addition to metroid prime hunters) and some shooters, in this months Nintendo Powere they showed a crappy screen shot of a Shooter thats in the works for the DS.. it looked ok.. I would like to see more shooters, but I know they have a small "fan base". but we'll see.

Man I love AoS, I've played through it twice now, and am almost through a 3rd time. Just last night I was playing and thinking about how awesome it'd be to have a new one for the ds. I've never really messed with SOTN much but I definetly felt like AoS was one of the best games of the genre I've ever played if not the best.

Looks like they hire a new artist. Who this one anyways? Or that isn't the offical art yet ( even though it's main site)

Soma looks exactly the same as he did from the GBA one cept he got better shoes. And better detail.

I definetly want to play this , guess i have to borrow my friend's DS.

Back