Nano-ITX board

lordofduct

Established Member
For sometime I have been planning to build a carPC, it is taking sometime due to the amount of money it is going to cost me. (I got bills ya know, Im almost there though) I was hoping that the nano-ITX board would be out by the time I had all the money together, the board would fit great with a 2.5 inch HDD and slim DVD-rom right in the spot for my Stereo, and the AC vent being right above that spot I could put some great cooling on it (being in FL my AC is ALWAYS on in my car).

BUT WHERE IS THE THING!?

Its been spoken about for more then a year now and VIA still hasn't given it to us. They start talk about and even smaller board; dubbed LUKE!

story0388.jpg

But still even with talk of the LUKE board and a extreme low profile mini board... still no freaking nano board. Im getting upset here. I think the board would do wonders. Yeah it may cost me a pretty penny, but well freakin' worth it in being small and fitting in a great place as apposed to my glove box. I can't do the trunk because that is where my 15" sub and amp for that is... also with the car PC im getting to more amps to put in there so that I can have dolby sound. I think in a small area of a Focus that would sound awesome.

So does anyone have any news I happend to overlook in my investigation across the web.

That doesn't do everything I want it too...

carrying CF cards around and no IDE support (where'd I put the DVDrom) makes that one a no go.

and no, USB is not an option for me.

Back