Lots of new Resident Evil 4 detail

There will be a choice of three views, a distant over-shoulder third-person view, a closer over-shoulder third-person view and, amazingly, a first-person view - quite astonishing news.

Strike 1

Another significant change in the basic structure of the game comes with the news that the entire game will be powered by the game engine in real-time. There will be no FMV and, thankfully, the tedious door animations, something of a trademark for the series, have been scrapped.

Strike 2

In slightly more vague news, the levels are said to be more expansive and less on rails, which, again, is a dramatic shift in focus for Capcom. There will be more of an element of exploration in the game, similar to that seen in titles such as Silent Hill, indicating not only an evolution for the series, but a dramatic up-scaling of production values.

Strike 3 - RE is out.

It's a shame too... I enjoyed the series quite a bit. :rock:

Hmm, weird. The lack of doors and change of perspective will feel a bit different, but I'm always open to change.

I like how in FFXI you can go from 3rd person to 1st person on the fly.

The new look for RE4 gives it an over-due make up.

I know you guys are hooked on the way Resident Evils' been going, but come one, the sales say otherwise.

And besides, the God-Father of Resident Evil is back on the team and he is the one who made all the changes.
I have full confidence in the creator's ability to revive a series that was slowly going into the dark.
Hell, people thought Metroid Prime was going to be bad, but look how great it came out!

Can't wait for it.

I always try to withhold my opinion until I see the game in action. I though Metroid Prime sounded like crap. Once I started playing it, I was hooked on the new style.

Out with the old and in with the new, eh? But I liked the old. Actually, all the things they removed from RE4 are the very elements which made me choose Resident Evil over Silent Hill in the first place.

No fixed camera, wide open spaces for you to run to your hearts content, and a first person view. Hmm... doesn't sound like a Resident Evil to me. Sounds more like an entirely different game, with RE characters and storyline inserted into it.

Are they refraining from giving this game new characters, storyline, and name, in the fear that the public will resist buying a game with an unfamilier title? Sure sounds like it, since Capcom chooses to use a name of a well-known and successful franchise - Resident Evil - to promote the sales of their game.

EDIT: The more I read, the more I laugh: "It has come to light that there will be no zombies in Resident Evil 4" ..

All signs point to a new game/ series - read not a continuation of a series!

I think that those people are not zombies, but infected.
Could be the first stage of becoming a new breed of zombies.

Who knows?
All I'm caring about is the gameplay and a final summary on what happend to Umbrella and those S.T.A.R.S. members.

Again, I don't think the GodFather of RE will steer us into a ditch.

Resident Evil. A game that will forever horrify children, will have a new perspective of things, unfortunatly.

I like the camara where its at, close to the action. but the other camera angles sound like they suck, especially the 1st person view. Im not saying that the 1st person view sucks, its just that it wouldnt go well with RE.

The whole "no zombie" thing has me worried about the whole game also. Those villagers look damn smart too, and they can communicate with each other in spanish, something I like. I bet that the AI in RE4 will defeat any other before it.

But thats just me talking.

Back