Lineage 2

schi0249

Mid Boss
Is anyone else here involved in the open beta? I just started playing last week. The game is much better than I expected, though it is heavily flawed. There are numerous spelling errors in the game game which makes some quests difficult to complete.

To the first person that PM's me, I have a spare key. For some reason, NCSoft sent me multiple keys, and I have only 1 available. Let me know if you are interested.

I just BARELY created my first char. on there. I am a human magic user, haha.

The game looks pretty....but I am thinking it'll not have much depth, we;ll see though. What server is everyone on? Maybe we can all get o nthe same server and and quest together....

Already have one. The spelling errors are annoying, but even worse is the way the words wrap around. It's really annoying when even small words get broken up at the right side all the freaking time, even when talking with other players. Anyway, I'm going to quit soon anyway and let my friend play for a while, so he will get sick of it too and not have to worry about buying it. But the reason is because PvP (on PvP-enabled servers) sucks.

It has got to be the worst PvP I have EVER seen. You can't kill someone without going "red" (you get Karma points, name goes red, and are branded as a PK), unless they attacked you first, or they fight back. Now that doesn't sound too bad, but if you DO go red, it is difficult to get back without being killed a lot. Killing a red does not hurt your Karma rating, and reds drop items/equipment more often. Dying and killing (tons of) monsters are the only ways to restore your Karma, you can't even enter town again as the guards will kill you. Still not bad enough? If they KS (kill steal), there's nothing you can do but let them, or kill them. It's not worth killing them (Karma), and when you need to kill monsters to complete quests, it makes things hard. They can also do abusive things like heal your monsters, or cast spells on you while you're fighting so the monster finishes you off.

I doubt I would continue playing after the beta is over. I just wanted something to toy around as I wait for EQ 2 and WOW.

Back