Katamary Damacy

Dud

Established Member
Has anyone else played this game yet? In the US, it's only $20--the hilarious intro alone is worth 20. Basically you roll this ball (a katamari) and objects you pass over stick to the ball making it bigger, assuming that you're big enough to get that object to stick to you. The best part of this game is the change in perspective. You may star out as a 20cm ball, about the size of a kid's foot. By the end of ten minutes you're rolling up that kid, and probably his house too. Everything that looked gigantic now looks tiny from the POV of this gigantic ball. Give it a try.

I have the soundtrack -- its very cool

Its one of the few games that makes me wish I had a friend with a PS2. :D That and VF4

Originally posted by racketboy@Sun, 2005-02-13 @ 01:53 PM

I have the soundtrack -- its very cool

Its one of the few games that makes me wish I had a friend with a PS2. :D That and VF4

[post=129636]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, for me PS2 is nothing more than a Capcom & Konami Player. Obviously with a few exceptions, but not many. So I hardly ever use mine.

this game is quite the sleepers hit. Look like everyone around my place wants to get a hand on it , to bad they don't sell it anymore around my area. But luckily one of my friend has it , but he won't lend it to me.

Word on the street is that the sequel's going to be released here as well. I'd hardly call it a sleeper hit -- it has received tons of coverage. I think Time magazine even did a writeup on it.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Tue, 2005-02-15 @ 04:39 PM

do the stages have a time limit? I've been curious about the game for a while.

[post=129780]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. Most stages have a time limit somewhere around 10 minutes, and I think the last stage is 25 minutes.

There is a free mode you can unlock.

Playing Katamary Damacy in free mode is said to make you feel weird at the end.

Back