jap Mega CD RPG Help

Hi...

sorry, for my bad english, because I have a big problem with jap. RPG´s.

I search for all tips, hints, maps and walkthrough for this game:

Aislelord, Fhey Area, Arcus I II III, After Armegeddon Gaiden, Burai, Funky Horror Band, Death Bringer, Illusion City , Nostalgia 1907, Psychic Detective Series Vol. 3: AYA, Psychic Detective Series Volume 4: Orgel, Record of Lodoss War, Sin Megamitensei, The Heroic Legend of Arslan ....

I serach fansite, because gamefaq and the ohter big cheats site has no answer for my problem....

I search for many years.... I want to play this games to end....

Thanks and bye Soso98

While there may be no faqs/walkthrus around for those games, I can give you a little advice on playing some of the Japanese games without knowing Japanese.

First, games like Aya, nostalgia, and Orgel shouldn't be played at all, because they're almost all text games, and although it's possible to make enough choices to win the game, it wouldn't be any fun at all. Also take out after armegeddon gaiden, because that game sucks anyway.

Now, choose the easiest ones to learn with. I have not played illusion city or record of lodoss war yet. So, the easiest one that I see on your list is Burai. The second easiest is probably fhey area.

So, load up burai, and then learn the menu system, mobility, loading and saving, talking to villagers, purchasing items from shops, and last, fighting. Give the game atleast 2 hours, to familiarize yourself with the game.

As for any rpg you play, write down the menu commands and such as you learn them. When you learn spells, sometimes you may not know what they are. If it looks like fire, just write "fire ball" if it's a heal spell, just write down "heal". Get to know your characters status menu. Sometimes, some or all is in english, sometimes it's in Japanese.

Talk to everyone, travel everywhere. If you get stuck, do it again. As long as you stick to this method, you should be able to go through and beat almost any rpg.

The only 2 drawbacks, some people may consider minor, others major, are that #1: you miss the story line, and #2: You don't know what type of weapons or armor you're buying in shops. In a lot of cases, buying the most expensive weapons and armor, as you progress, is good, but there are some exceptions, where you'd get some type of "special" weapon or armor, that does cost more than everything else, and it could still suck.

If you can get triumph through those challenges, then you should be able to beat burai and fhey area without any faq/guide/walkthru. If it comes easy to you, then you may want to try something a little more advanced, like aisle lord, death bringer, shin megami tensei. Good luck.

Back