Info/Screen on New Round of Sega AGES

Well ... Outrun seems to be pretty bad, they should not move this game to 3D, Fist of the North looks bad too. All others look average to good (Virtua Racing). It sounds like easy money for Sega.

I'm putting my money on Virtua Racing and Afterburner being the best.

For Outrun, I'd stick with the Saturn or DC port for old school and the (hopeful) arcade port for new school

yummy decathalete :). I found an arcade in SLC that has it, I love that game. Me and my friend have put sooooo much time into that game, haha.

wanna play t3h 1337 Steep Slope Sliders anyone? haha, inside joke.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec 5, 2003 @ 02:17 AM

yummy decathalete :). I found an arcade in SLC that has it, I love that game. Me and my friend have put sooooo much time into that game, haha.

wanna play t3h 1337 Steep Slope Sliders anyone? haha, inside joke.

is it really that good?

never played it

it's fun......not all that fun by yerself, but w/ a buddy or 2 it's great!

BTW, that fist of the northstar...........never heard of it. What platform is it on?

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec 5, 2003 @ 06:10 AM

I wanna say its on SMS

No Decathlete was a STV game (released also on Saturn). I'd say this Decathlete Collection contains the 2 STV games Decathlete (also aka Athlete Kings) and Winter Heat. Really nice games on Saturn, the style of this game has a bit changed in this Sega AGES :( .

Can anyone explain why they decided on a Fist of the North Star remake? At least the Megadrive version was one of the worst games on the platform ever!

That's true, Last Battle was a terrible game. But this doesn't look like the same thing at all. Was there a FoTN vs. fighter made by Sega? I love the series, so I'd like to give the game a try even if it sucks. The new version looks pretty good, even though the polycount on the models seems rather low... as long as it has all the violence I'm all for it! That 'hundred fists of fury' (think E. Honda) gameplay screen looks pretty dope.. I hope they use the sound effects from the cartoon for that part! (Yaaaaaa.....tigitigitigitigitigi!!!)

OutRun does look terrible though.. how could they mutilate such a classic? VR looks like more like the original than anything... which is fine with me, I be lovin' some untextured polygon action.

Believe it or not, Outrun looks vastly improved over the screens that were released before. The council want shooting for building houses on the road..

Attachments

• orps2_1.jpg
    orps2_1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 63
  • orps2_1.jpg
    orps2_1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 57
Slightly OT, but have any dates been set for the 'western' releases of any of the Ages games?

I wish I knew, ever since you guys first posted these, I have been trying to find a tenative release date for these games, but no dice.,... nuke.com, has nothing... and I checked a couple other sites... no dates to my knowlege have been confirmed.

Back