I live in the Bay Area, where can I preorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the exact same problem! Not one place is accepting pre-orders yet, and the system will be out in only 5 weeks. The way things are going, we will be pre-ordering 2 weeks before launch.

The X-Box will be out only shortly before the GC, yet most places have already been taking pre-orders for that. I think maybe Nintendo is not giving the required details to stores yet for some reason.

CrowTRobo

Well, tomorrow (Oct 15) EB will start taking pre-orders. Unfortunately you have to get a bundle deal, which is the system, 3 games, 3rd-party controller and memcard for $400.

But if you want to pre-order, that's the only choice, at least in my area. I called Toys R Us, KB Toys, Software Etc, Best Buy, Funcoland, Walmart, Target and a local game store chain. Not one of them were accepting pre-orders.

CrowTRobo

Thats F---ked up. You think its because of sony trying to intimidate the stores again by saying they will reduce their shipped ps2 stock if they advertise the cube?

I think some places (Wal-Mart is like this I think) don't do pre-orders as a matter of policy. If there's underhanded dealings involved, though, I'd suspect Microsoft before Sony in this case - PS2 has already sold fairly well, not to mention that MGS2 and FF10 pretty much guarantee that more units will sell before Christmas. XBox doesn't have anything of that caliber for moving systems - the closest they get is DOA3 and while it has certainly been hyped, I think it's just not going to have the selling power that XBox needs to beat the competition (Toshinden sold Playstations at the beginning, but that was also in the absence of games like Metal Gear Solid and Mario 64). So Microsoft seems to be the main party that stands to benefit from slowing Cube sales, and I doubt it would surprise anyone if they did arrange restrictive contracts with retailers, given their history. However, I think it's more likely that it's just a matter of GC preorders making business difficult for some reason (such as distributors not giving solid allocation numbers).

Pre-ordered the bundle Monday. Some info about it:

You get to pick your color.
You get a Nintendo brand memory card.
You get an Interact SuperPad controller (review: http://cube.ign.com/hardware/326.html )
You have to pick 3 games, but you don't have a choice of any launch title. You can only pick from the 7 EB is offering:

All-Star Baseball 2002
Luigi's Mansion
Madden 2002
NHL Hitz
Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race

The package costs $400 (excluding tax of course) and a minimum deposit of $100 is required.

CrowTRobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back