Home Basic (SC/JP), Chouon Senshi Borgman [Proto] (SMS/JP), Alien 3 (GG/JP)...

vbt

Staff member
Tada! Happy new roms to prepare you for end of summer!

1985's Home Basic for the SC-3000 (ホームベージック) is a revamped version of Sega Basic, packaged with three demonstration software: a shooting game, a text-based calculator program and a sprite pattern editor. I am actually unsure about how to save the patterns which makes it of cute dubious use (there is maybe a way, I don't have a manual for this cartridge). Other than that, Basic is your way to freedom and creativity. Maybe try to make something for it ?

1988's Chouon Senshi Borgman [Proto] for the Master System (超音戦士 ボーグマン), in a Japanese prototype version. Known in the west as Cyborg Hunter, this competent and charmful action game with a pinch of adventure, in the vein of Zillion, is quite a classic. This prototype was obtained from an old stash of Mark III prototypes from an unknown source, not sure of the differences with final version.

1992's Alien³ for the Game Gear (エイリアン3), in its Japanese release, an unsuspected decent action game.

Last and least, 1993's Ecco the Dolphin for the Game Gear - why you ask? As it turn out, the version previously available on the internet, circa 1996-ish, has a bit of data wrong that is fixed here. I confirmed this one on both US and European releases. Note however that I'm not 100% sure that isn't a cartridge around with the so-called incorrect bit, if one eventually shows up the information will be corrected, but for now it seems statistically plausible that there is only one US/EU version of the game, and you have it now.

Source : http://www.smspower.org/#news

Back