Free old games

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Since it was stated that the past Nintendo games can be downloaded for free on the Revolution what game are you going to download first, asuming it is available?

I would definetly say Zelda: A Link to the Past.

You know, I was wondering why Nintendo patent ROM games and was advently trying to shut down sites that distributed them.

They had this planned all along; sly devils.

I'll probably get Tetris and Killer Instinct (which I hope they do a clean version of it for Rev since now they have the specs to perfectly emulate, data for data, the arcade version.

Since you probably won't be able to use a snes' (or the console specific to the games) controller with it, I really don't see the benefit of this at all, unless it was free. Especially since a lot of us still have a lot of our favorites on these consoles, in which case it would be solely for convenience. With that perspective I'd rather just use my xbox to play snes, genesis, and all of those anyway since I can't use the actual controllers to go with them -- which would be the only benefit in my opinion.

No doubt the system will get hacked if there is a slight possibility just like the x-box before it. Nintendo may break the big anti-pirate shield it has built for these past years (Nintendo was always the hardest thing to hack and dl games for, etc). And BTW I will be grabbing the Donkey Kong Country Series if this feature exists.

Back