Fallout 3

it290

Established Member
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/15/news_6093628.html

Well, according to this, Fallout 3 still has a chance of coming out. It seems the game will be farmed out; I would be quite happy if Troika were to take on the job, but that doesn't seem very likely at this point. I'm still highly skeptical of the possibility of the game ever being released, or being a good game, but there is still a glimmer of hope. Cool.

Great news indeed ... I'm a huge fan of the Fallout games.

Let's hope it will make it, and if so that the spirit stays intact ...

Well, the other outsourcing possibility would be Obsidian, which I wouldn't mind that much either. Let's just hope it doesn't go to some crappy developer.

Then they are the ones I want to get the project. Though they didn't have anything to do with Fallout, I even wouldn't mind Bioware.

True, but remember Troika has some of the original team members, most importantly Tim Cain (who pretty much invented the series).

Personally I hope Bioware doesn't get it; although they might do an OK job, NWN pretty much sucked IMHO and I wouldn't want Fallout to go that way. I hope the interface remains essentially the same as the previous games, as it was more or less perfect. The only thing I would want to see added interface-wise is better NPC control (while still letting the NPC's retain some autonomy, as in FO2).

I read (don't know firsthand) that NWN was actually pretty good once you mastered the obtrusive command system.

But that's only what I read, I never got into the D&D stuff.

Well, the single player campaign sucked ass. I never played the expansions, but I hear they were better. Some of the modules were very cool, but the game always seemed to totally lack personality to me.. which is something you don't want in a Fallout game.

Though I didn't get into NWN, I do love Star Wars: KOTR. I tried to like NWN, but just couldn't get past the interface. I just wanted my BG or Fallout instead.

Back