Eternal Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the kinda game for those who enjoyed Alice although there seems to be very few parallels. Not my kind of game.

I LOVED the Alice game! Too bad my computer couldn't handle the later, more grafic intensive levels :(

If the game realy is like Alice, then I will definetly be buying a GC for it (I was planning on getting one anyways, but now I guess I know what my first game for it will be).

calganagain: "Eternal Darkness being similar to Alice is a stretch. Just ignore it."

Me: Damn, you realy got my hopes up their to. Oh well, Ill still get the game when I get a GCN.

I have to wait until the 6th of August till I get Eternal Darkness.... the wait is going to kill me :(

As long as those 10-15 hours are awesome.... i'm not particulary bothered.

In fact, I rather like shorter games. They manage to keep my attention and hold it long enough for me to finish it.

Well, I've played it for about 6 hours, and I must say, I'm very impressed. I heard some people bitch about the camera angle, but IMO they're just picky, or something, cause it's not that bad. The graphics are excellent, the storyline is intriguing, te sound is quite good (if only I had a receiver that could work with Pro Logic II), and the insanity effects are very slick. I highly reccommend this game. It is easily worth the $50, even if it does turn out to only be 10-15 hours.

*Possible spoiler alert*
The sanity effects I have dealt with so far are:

-The room tilting everytime I become less and less sane
-The room becomming upside down and I'm walking on the ceiling
-While walking my head falls off, then each arms, then my torso
-My upper body exploding
-The room becomming black and white and kind of foggy
-The sound turning off and a mute in the upper right hand corner
-The Blue Screen Of Death
-The ceiling bleeding
-Seeing myself dead in a bathtub (not sure if that was a sanity thing or pre-programmed event)
-Statues heads following my movements
-Pictures changing into other, more hellish pictures

I can't bring myself to buy short games over $20.

-Seeing myself dead in a bathtub (not sure if that was a sanity thing or pre-programmed event)
I have seen others consider that an insanity effect.
-Statues heads following my movements
-Pictures changing into other, more hellish pictures
This reminds me I'd like to get to see the Haunted Mansion in eurodisney but I hate traveling abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back