EA BLOWSS.......

I don’t know about American sports game but in most football(soccer) games that don’t have a full licence there’s usually a comprehensive edit mode where you can edit almost everything, or if you cant be bothered doing that you can at import a save game with the editing done for you.

Don't blame EA. Yes, they're pricks, but really... can you blame then for taking what they can? Blame the NFL. If any major league baseball deal like this is signed, then I'd be a bit grumpy. But I don't think that will happen.

The PC versions of the NBA Live games can directly import/export DBF format databases which allow you to edit all statistics etc. Doing the same for the console versions (letting you load databases from memory cards or over the Internet) is not a problem.

Boycott EA!!

If not for this, for the fact that their games suck. :beerchug And all the employee ill treatment and such. They really do fit the stereotype of every evil corporation I've come across. Or for that matter, any evil empire I've seen in movies/RPGs.

Originally posted by antime@Tue, 2004-12-14 @ 05:07 PM

And if Sega had done the same you'd all be busy proclaiming this as the BEST THING EVER. Fanboy bullshit.

[post=125913]Quoted post[/post]​

its not that... if sega did this, I wouldn't think it the best thing ever, because they would be cutting down their competition, and even though madden was second imo to espn, there are always features of the other that the other may not have and its the option of having a choice that I am pissed about, and they are talking about doing this with basketball and other sports.. this sucks... imo... its not fanboy bullshit, its taking the consumers options away, or lessening them... this sucks...

You make it sound like it would be impossible to make a football game without an NFL license, which is also rubbish. Anyway, at least Midway are fine with this and are going to add features that their NFL license previously prohibited them from including.

I'm sure Sega and ESPN won't just up and fold. My guess is the will dedicate the time to the other sports francise's and maybe add college ball back, Though I wouldn't be surprised if EA suckered the NBA into an exclusive deal, I don't see MLB following suit.

I've been on a one man boycott of EA for years, but if Ubisoft becomes EA-Montreal I don't know what I'll do.

EA is trying to acquire the NBA rights as well. Their first offer has been rejected, but...

now they have ESPN.. this sucks.. sooo fuckin hard.. man I hate EA.. I don't know if they could be considered to be forming a monopoly, but they (imo) are damn sure trying.. someone must stop them...lol

Back