Dynamite Cop

Amon

Staff member
2007-09-03 to 2007-09-09; Sega Dreamcast

Dynamite Cop (Dynamite Deka 2 in Japan) (1998) is a video game published by Sega and initially released in arcades on Sega Model 2 hardware. The game was then ported to the Sega Dreamcast console and released in Japan, North America and Europe. Dynamite Cop is a 1 or 2 player, 3D scrolling fighter in which players fight through levels to save the president's daughter from a band of modern day pirates.

The game's predecessor, Dynamite Deka, was released in Europe and North America for arcades and the Sega Saturn with a Die Hard licence, titled Die Hard Arcade.

Attachments

• 250px-Dynamite_cop.jpg
    250px-Dynamite_cop.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 250px-Dynamite_cop.jpg
    250px-Dynamite_cop.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 175
Why was the daughter's nose so freaking huge? Seriously.

The game was easy but insanely fun. Very short. It's strange they called the game Die Hard for the first iteration but Dynamite Cop for the second. All in all, a classic beat 'em up in the same vein as the capcom games - but better, because the action is fierce and the game moves so quickly you can't possibly get bored with repetition.

I've spent some good time on this game during my holidays. Sure the first time i've finished the game, I was a little bit disapointed because I've finished the game really quickly, the missions 2 and 3 are more difficult than the first one. Then the 3 additional missions are nearly impossible to finish. Another thing is there is a very old sega game for bonus (made in the 80s).

Well globaly, it's a good beat them up. Let's hope sega will port the latest sequel published a few month ago on the Dreamcast(sure there is a really small chance)

Back