collecting md / gen games

hey there. just a few questions i'd be interested to see your answers to:

1. which md / gen games are considered to be the very rarest, to your knowledge?

2. which games do people tend to be paying the most for these days?

3. what's the game you're most proud of in your collection?

4. are there any games you're still after? how much would you pay for it?

[bear in mind i'm from the uk, if that becomes relevent to any of the questions.]

i'm new btw. howdy :)

AFAIK, some of the rarest/more sought after titles include Yu Yu Hakusho, Panorama Cotton, Pirates! Gold, Phantasy Star, and Alien Soldier.

1. I'll add Castlevania and probotector

2. see 1. and add games like Shining force 1&2, SOR 3, Gunstar Heroes

3. Warsong (Langrisser US) and Yohko (Jap)

4. i'm still after classic one (for a few $) and pirates/chinese/korean/russian one (a little more)

Originally posted by Kaneda@Jun 10, 2004 @ 05:05 PM

Probotector? that was available in truck loads where i live. Just after the end of the Megadrive it was in strong abundance along with Stargate and a couple others.

But u kno, games are rare in certain areas too.

Anyway about my own games, i consider these to be the most "special"

Shining in the Darkness

Story of Thor

Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun

Sword of Vermillion

Landstalker

Megaman the Wily Wars (compilation of NES Megaman 1-3)

i have castlevania and probotector. sadly i have no box for my castlevania.

phantasy star is pretty rare and the shining games always go for high price.

above all, the NUMBER 1 MD/Gen game i want is an original cardboard packaged copy of Sonic & Knuckles. I'm not sure how rare this is, i just think people dont want to part with thiers. I've only ever seen it once on ebay and it went for a high price. i'd pay up to AU $100 for that.

PSIV with cardboard box is a bit hard to find as well. Also, some of the cult classic titles like El Viento and MUSHA can go for quite a bit, but also can be had dirt cheap. Same goes for Warsong.

I've only got one Genesis game now :( -- Gunstar Heroes, which is fairly rare. Warsong/Langrisser usually goes for over $50.

Originally posted by Kaneda@Jun 10, 2004 @ 07:35 AM

2. see 1. and add games like Shining force 1&2, SOR 3, Gunstar Heroes

3. Warsong (Langrisser US) and Yohko (Jap)

4. i'm still after classic one (for a few $) and pirates/chinese/korean/russian one (a little more)

I always cry when I hear the name "Probotector". It's SO wrong...

Gunstar Heros Rare?

I am in the UK I got that for £2 at a boot sale.

I have managed to get Golden Axe Adventure I think its called a RPG for the Master System I have been told thats rare too.

And Mickey Mouse Castle Of Illussion on the MS was rare anywhere but here.I think it depends on where you are.

Is Langrisser 2 rare?

If not, was it released in europe?

For me its one of the best game on genny (musics are sooo good), this is a good game to port to the segacd ;) .

"Gunstar Heros Rare? I am in the UK I got that for £2 at a boot sale."

blimey. good find! it goes for about £8-10 on ebay.co.uk... there aren't enough carboot sales / charity shops near where i live...

It's kinda mid-rare in the US.

Kinda like a poor-man's rare game.

Not real common but not ultra rare.

I paid $20 for it a couple years back (without a manual). I think it's gone down in price since then.

yeh i got Gunstar Heroes from Ebay last week. Since then i've seen another one listed.

Yesterday i acquired Mega Turrican and Knuckles' Chaotix. The later being *=VeRY-RaRE=*, i haven't seen a copy of that game, well, EVER! so you can imagine i threw alot of money around to get it.

not that hard to find Knuckles Chaotix cart last time I looked, but a complete copy is hard to track down. Those stupid cardboard boxes...

Chaotix isn't very rare, but it does tend to go for a bit.. most people don't sell their copies once they own the game.

One game that seems to be hard to find is Dragon's Revenge.. not super rare or anything, but I'm just ticked because I finally tracked down a copy... and it doesn't work! Stupid Tengen cartridges...

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 2, 2004 @ 10:47 AM

but a complete copy is hard to track down

exactly and same with it290's comment about ppl hanging on to it. i was lucky enough to get a complete copy of the PAL version.

Alien soldier is pretty rare, especialy the japanese version.As for gunstar it's the japanese version thats very rare. Most games that came out in the U.S. are most likely worth more if there the japanese version (as the system didn't do well over there).

not really into gens collecting... i have all i want on the gens, sonic, shadowrun, PS 1-4, landstalker, shining force and oh my god best two player around GENERAL CHAOS.

Back