Brave Battle Saga - Legend The Magic Warrior English patch, beta

vbt

Staff member
This is a 100% translation from Chinese to English. The whole

game has gone through a huge process to get where it is now, including in order:

-Disassembly and reassembly of the WHOLE game code

-Insertion of 3 new fonts. One for dialogs and menus, a smaller one for

items and magic, and a separate one for the intro text.

-Completely working new VWF

-Code modifications of the dialog, intro, shops, inns and battle text routines

-Modified text windows

-Modified Z80 code

-Insertion of new title screen

The most common circulating dump of the game, which can be found in the GoodGen set, has a bug that

prevents the DAC drum channel from playing correctly. This translation was built off

of a fixed version that has been ciculating throughout Chinese sites for awhile, so

patching it on the common dump found on the net will not only translate it, but will also

fix that glitch.

Source : http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1467

How come this doesn't have any replies?? When I found out about this I immediatley set out to conquer it. I'll admit my initial reaction was that this was the BEST rpg for the Genesis that I had seen thus far. After playing through the whole game (20+ hours) I can honestly say that it is definetly not the best on the Genny but is definitely way up there.

By far the best feature in my oppinion is the soundtrack. Simply amazing! It is nothing like any soundtrack on any other 16bit jRPG - the composer clearly has his/her own style.

The graphics are also exceptionally refreshing on this game - very similar to Final Fantasy games on the SNES. Very colorful and full of texture.

The only thing about this game that was lacking (aside from the length) was the story, which wasn't bad at all, just not that engaging. Honestly the translation could definitely have had more creativity put into it. There's really nothing wrong with the translation, but it is basically just a direct translation with practically no feeling to it.

Bottom line though - every oldschool rpg gamer should definitely give this one a shot. If you could stand playing all the way through Lufia 1 then this game will practically knock your socks off!

I cannot thank the translators Djinn and SteveMartin enough for this one!

Back