BinChunker .. little question

I'm using the app to convert a Bin file to ISO, but, when its 'Converting' the Bin file it goes to 100% and stays there.... does that mean its done?

Yeah, I've ran into that kind of situation before, a while back. What you could do to find out for sure if it's really finished converting is refresh the folder of where the converted image file is located (using Details view, of course). If you see that the filesize of the converted image is not zero size and looks about the correct size, then it's finished converting. That's when you know you can safely close out BINChunker by clicking on the X or Exit button.

Well, I'm doing a Saturn ISO of the game 'Exhumed' and the file name in the folder is: Exhumed_E T01 Mode1 2048.iso (I named it Exhumed_E.. whats the other bit?) and its size is 160MB. And the size stays the same. So, I guess its finished.

Another thing you could do is look at the LED light that corresponds to HDD activity on your computer tower or desktop or laptop (you can listen to your HDD too, but the LED light is a better indicator). When it's converting, the light should be blinking; when it's done it should stop.

Quote: from Flakvin on 8:04 pm on Sep. 8, 2001[br the file name in the folder is: Exhumed_E T01 Mode1 2048.iso (I named it Exhumed_E.. whats the other bit?) and its size is 160MB. And the size stays the same. So, I guess its finished.

• T01 = track 01
  • Mode1 = ISO Mode 1 type
  • 2048 = 2048 bytes/sector
your standard saturn ISO. i assume that's what your asking?

Just a suggestion. Maybe the FAQs should be moved to the Docs section and the tools should go in a separate Utilities section.

This should prevent newcomers from getting confused.

Back