Best game for the SNES - what is it?

I can't believe no one said StarFox yet! It's truly one of the best SNES games ever, even if you don't like space-shooters, it's 3D graphics were so great for it's time and the system it was on. You have to give it kudos just for that alone, and it was a great game.

Sadly I played Starfox aroudn the time I was playing Zelda on N64 so the graphics really didn't have that much of an effect on me.

I did enjoy it, but I wouldn't say it was one of the best titles on the system, especially considering how badly it's dated.

Great games stand the test of time and 3D games age very quickly.

That's true, just like how playing Zelda 64 now can't keep me as captivated as it used to and how I'd rather pick up Wind Waker or Animal Crossing instead of sitting down and playing OoT.

I only played StarFox on the Snes after finishing the very slick StarFox 64 man I love this game rumble pak ruleZ too bad for AA bateries :/

Just get 2 rechargable (NiMH not NiCD) AAs. They're only like $10-$15, and that saves sooooooo much money in the long run, believe me.

Snes games? Sure, here we go :aacool:

Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team
Claymates
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Earthworm Jim
Kid Clown in Crazy Chase
Kirby's Funpak (or Superstars for USA)
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Mario Paint (just for the fly-swat game.. and funny music)
Megaman X1 to X3
Prehistoric Man
Rock & Roll Racing
Stunt Race FX
Super Bomberman (classic - good for both story and battle. IMO it has the best battle maps)
Super Bomberman 2 (for the story mode - kickin' music)
Super Bomberman 5 (good for battle mode - the hardest bomberman to date for the battle mode. Also is one of the few which keeps my beloved punch item)
Super Mario Kart (a week ago I renewed my excellence at the game... all gold trophies for all cups in all grand prix - effectively clocking the game)
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World (Bah! can't get past friggin' 94%)
Super Metriod
Super Morph
Super Scope 6
TMNT - Turtles in Time
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Safari

I can't believe no one mentioned Axelay by Konami?! This shooter has the best graphics than any other 16bit, expect maybe for the NeoGeo Shoot em ups.
The music & gameplay rocks! It combines Horizontal & Vertical scrolling levels.
But then again, Konami sure knows how to make a great game.

Best SNES Games:

Axelay
Area 88 - U.N Squadron
Battletoads - Double Dragon - Fun Game! :)
Contra 3 - Alien Wars
CastleVania X – Vampire's Kiss
Darius Twin
Darius Force - Supernova
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2
Final Fight
F-Zero
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X1
R-Type 3
Super Ghouls & Ghosts
Super R-Type
Starfox
Super Mario World
Super Mario Allstars
TMNT 4 - Turtles in Time
Yoshi's Island
Zelda 3

Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
Chrono Trigger
Bahamut Lagoon
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World 1+2
Zelda
Face Ball (was pretty good)
Earthbound (was pretty good)

not many other games grabbed my attention, but like for the psx, if you got 100 games, your bound to find 1 or 2 good ones

Terranigma
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2)
Secret of Mana 3 (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Tales of Phantasia
Breath of Fire 1&2
Earthworm Jim
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
Mega Man X
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Final Fantasy Series
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario RPG (Needs a remake for Gameboy Advance!)
Lufia 1&2
Street Fighter Series
Romancing Saga Series
Star Fox
Spiderman-Maximum Carnage
Star Ocean
Super Mario All Stars
Zelda-A Link to the Past
F-Zero

I think thats it... :medieval:

schi0249 said:
I would think that MArio RPG would be next. They've already done remakes od all but that and SMB 1.
Nintendo haven't got Square by their side anymore... ever since Nintendo 64.

I presume Square would hold rights of the game that prevent Nintendo remaking it without their permission.

Or have things changed with Square and Nintendo? I haven't really been paying attention :rolleyes:

Square is again releasing games for Nintendo, both the GBA and GCN. I total forgot that Square did the build for Mario RPG. I would guess they both have partial rights to the game.

If Square was smart -- and I think they might be -- they might see the cash potential for a Mario RPG remake/port

Definetly Zelda: A Link to the Past. The first time that I died in the game and had a jar wiht a farie in it, and I realized it could bring me back to life rather then a quick heal.

Back