Anybody ever go to an anime convention?

I'd like to go to one, my best friend attends them from time to time though, she made her own get up last time, she was a punk girl. the only pic she has is of herself, she said some photographer wanted to take her picture, he did and sold her some pictures of herself. I don't remember which one it was but it was last summer.

I went to Nan-desu-con once. I didn't dress up as anything as I was mainly there for the marketplace and the advance screenings. It was pretty fun, although I have to say that the majority of anime fans seem to have horrible taste in anime.

Yeah, I go to the biggest Spanish convention every year (Salon del Manga Barcelona). I´ve dressed several times... las t year I went as Mitsurugi and my friend like Astaroth and Knightmare from Soul Calibur 1. I´ve dressed as Kenshiro (FotNS), Lupen, Ralf (KOF)... :banana

Pictures? yeah, but hardly any, I don´t usually bring my camera when I´m dressed, so the only picture I´ve got are the ones people make and upload to their personal webpages...

It's a joke. Morel=mushroom, ya get it? The font I use is such that More!? looks a lot like Morel? , especially bolded/italicized.

I went a lot at anime convention in France.

But i stopped 5 years ago : people became too much "i have this and not you" , "i have the latest collector", "what? HK stuff? ARG! big shit", "what you don't know <put last pop idol nam here>?"

so yes, i very enjoyed them but they are really boring now...

oh, and i never dressed me since Kaneda is too much red and i don"t like to be seen :)

but cosplay are very impressive!

here is a sample of a French anime convention Cosplay : http://www.japan-expo.com/cosplay-galerie.php

I´m with you Kaneda... I remember in the early 90s when people wouldn´t classify themselves as "hardcore-geek-japanase-wannabe-guys"...

I think it's funny how popular anime has become (in the US anyway), and while a bunch of people can tell you about all the new stuff coming out, a lot of them have never seen the classics (except Akira, everyone's seen that). Kind of like video games, actually.

they didn't see the classics but know every name of the cast of the remake!

here, in france we have 3 kinds of "otaku" :

- the classic one : he know ALL (like the number of color used for any of the frame of an episode) of OLD anime (like Lupin, Candy, Tsubasa) and look at the new stuff with a "what a pity!" in his face

- the baka one : he "loves" anime, it's anime, it's japanese, so it's cool...even if it's poorly animated, badly voiced,etc...he knows ALL the anime ...all since 2000

- the hidden one, like myself, who try to find in the old and the new anime some hidden treasure! he found the anime with classic like Akira or BGC but try to make HIS choice of what he want to see. I call him the hidden one because you won't see him in a convention, sometimes in shop, but rarely...he prefers the Net

on my collection, i have classic like Akira, BGC, Ghibli's, KOR, Harlock, Cobra, Patlabor's, some old (but not classic) like Perfect Blue, GITS, and some new like Fruits Basket, Gravitation.

I like stuff like PingPong Club and Jungle Leo.

Hi, I live in New Orleans, Lousiana. There was a animecon that was held down here twice but it freaked me out. It was more like a GOTH convention. I don't have anything against them, but it was sooooo wierd being in the low group of black people that was there against the group of matrix want a be's.

We have a HUGE one in boston comming up at the end of July called Otakan. Biggest one on the east coast. I went to it the previous year and it was amazing. So many costumes and not enough batteries in the camera :(

You should try making that one.

Back