Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Edward Carnby and Aline Cedrac are about to experience a nightmare beyond their darkest imagination. While investigating the murder of a friend, Carnby and Cedrac venture to the mysterious Shadow Island and discover that it is home to untold malevolent adversaries. But the creatures of the night are just a harbinger of the ultimate terror about to be unleashed...
  • Annihilate your enemies with an arsenal of supernatural weaponry
  • Diabolical forces will stop at nothing to destroy you
  • Infiltrate a teeming cesspool of evil as either Edward Carnby or Aline Cedrac
  • Breathtaking graphics and cinematic camera angles bring the unspeakable horror to life
you will fear...

...the dark

:eek:

Attachments

• AitD_Front.JPG
    AitD_Front.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 164
  • AitD_Disc.JPG
    AitD_Disc.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 168
  • AitD_Screenshot.JPG
    AitD_Screenshot.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 183
  • AitD_Front.JPG
    AitD_Front.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 166
  • AitD_Disc.JPG
    AitD_Disc.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 172
  • AitD_Screenshot.JPG
    AitD_Screenshot.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 174
Had a pretty good time with this one. It's got that whole Silent Hill dark all the time thing going on which is always a plus in a game like this. Biggest negatives include some pretty dumb enemy AI at times (like shooting fish in a barrel with a triple barrelled shottie!), and getting hit as the screen changes (this happens more than you would think). Overall it's a good adventure though, kinda reminds me of that old PC game 'The Devil Inside', and I've never regretted the purchase. There are more positives than negatives...and that part with the mirror rocks! ;) But my advice is that, if you can get past the graphics...play the originals to see what AITD is really about. Ironically, this game feels like a RE clone and it's a good effort mind you, but cerainly not the best in the genre.

Back