96KB game that will make your comp beg for mercy

am I missing something? why so small?

and BTW, Supergrom, your geforce2 can probably beat my 16MB Matrox G400

It uses textures already installed on your computer from DirectX.

holySHYT.jpg

Turn off AA and AF or you will be playing at a VERY slow pace.

Here is a link to thier old popular 64k demo. Any 3d video card will do and it still looks amazing for its age.

Link

hmmm...it starts loading but kicks out 1/10 way in the loading bar. Is this XP compatible?

I'd seen the 64kb product before, its really impressive.

---Ammut

Runs very nice on my Athlon XP 2100+, 512Meg DDR RAM and Radeon 8500.... they just gotta work on the gameplay, and implement an option to invert the mouse x_X

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 15, 2004 @ 01:39 PM

Make sure directx 9 is installed and you have a 3d accelerator.

I guess it's the graphic chipset that sucks ...

Too bad ! I have 1 GB of memory with a P4 2.6 GHz at work , and I can't even test it :(

I hate those Intel graphics controllers :puke:

But hey, it's a pc for working, not for playing ;)

EDIT:

It works on my home computer, but it's really dark ...

The not inverted mouse is annoying as hell, but they have skilled programmers for sure :)

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 14, 2004 @ 08:41 PM

It uses textures already installed on your computer from DirectX.

holySHYT.jpg

Turn off AA and AF or you will be playing at a VERY slow pace.

actually i believe that all textures are generated algorithmically at runtime and then loaded into memory, the routines for generating the textures are easily compressed which allowed htem to make the exeso small, but also increases the load time as all the stuff must be generated.

That's correct, the textures are procedural. One of the coders posted a message to the effect that the only Windows resources used are the Arial and Times New Roman fonts.

I guess you could call it a 'homebrew game', although I'd call it a 'coding demonstration/proof-of-concept'.

Back